19| Lies and Truth

*************************

Your Pov -

It had been a week since you'd started working at the Pizza-Plex. You had probably fixed over 50 S.T.A.F.F. Bots. Not like they were hard to fix, just, annoying and repetitive.

One day Roxanne came in, but all you had to do was replace part of her shell.

It didn't help that you were getting less and less sleep. They won't ever shut up recently. They either yell at you to do what they instructed, which is mostly the male gold. Or they want you to stay the hell away from the boss. Honestly, it was getting really annoying.

Back to the point, it was around 8:30 and you were finishing up with one of the S.T.A.F.F. Bots when you little radio went off.

"Boss needs you up top Y/n, ASAP." The voice on the other side of the walkie-talkie said.

You pushed the little button that allowed you to talk through it. "Ya, I'll be up in a minute."

You straightened yourself up a little and left to see the boss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the way there, you ran into Lilith, literally. She was carrying a few boxes and you had just knocked them over. Some plushies spilled out and you both reached down to pick them up.

"I'm sorry, wasn't watching where I was going." You said, laughing a little as you picked up the plushies.

"Your fine," She says with is sigh, seeming just as exhausted as you were. "I shouldn't have stacked the boxes so high, I couldn't see where I was going. I was really just relying on my memorization of the route to get me back to the arcade."

You both laughed a little and youhelped her gather up the boxes back in her arms.

As you were walking away, Lilith called out to you. "Hey, I'm gonna text you the details of the meeting with Isaac later."

You didn't have time to answer her as she disappeared into the crowd. You just stood there for a second, with your mouth open, debating on whether or not you should go after her to talk about it in person. With a sigh, you decided agent it and went to see the boss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When you got to the top floor of the Pizza-Plex, you headed straight for the boss's office. You stopped at the door and gave 3 loud knocks.

From the other side, a muffled voice said "Come in".

You walked into the office, and once again, your eyes are drawn to the many mechanical books lining the walls on bookshelves. They ranged from the simplest of mechanics to extremely complicated machines. Some looked decades old, and some looked as if they were brand new.

"Thank you for coming in so quickly Y/n." You were knocked out of your trance when he spoke, as it surprised you a little.

"Oh, o-of course si-, Michael." You stuttered, remembering he didn't like to be called Sir.

He gave a small chuckle before speaking again. "I see you were staring at the bookshelves, would you like to read one of them?"

You were surprised by his question. "R-really?" You asked.

"Yes, I have no use for them anymore, as all of the relative ones are in Parts and Services."