18

3RD POV

The sun was shining brightly in the middle of the noisy-filled cafe. People were all talking with the person they all came with. Some were students who came here to hang out after a hard day of listening to teachers mention about change or math problems, how they need to find the value of x (I don't even know why we need that when they have zero to no value) using the formulas old scholars came up with

Some were just ordinary people wanting to have some peace of mind. And some, like the black-haired girl sitting on the window seat, just waiting for someone.

She sips her chocolate drink in a mood nowhere near peace. Her legs shaking in anticipation, eyes going back and forth to the wall clock hanged behind the counter

A good 30 minutes have passed yet she still waited for nothing

She once again looked at the timer on her clock and gave off a big sigh.

"Where is she?" she was fidgeting with patience

"If she's not here by 5 I'm leaving this place" she was glaring at her drink, pouting at how easily it disappeared

It was too good to slowly drink

The people around her were noisy and it was not making her the happiest. They had, once again and like always, treated her like some dirty trash that walked inside the shop earlier on.

Lisa had worn the extensions as well as used her "normal" clothing. She looked the same as before but with black hair this time since it would be hard concealing her real hair.

When she walked into the store, all eyes had made their way to her. They were all judging the way she looked but with a blessing from the owner of the cafe, she had stayed and ordered her favorite drink and sat away from the things she is made to call "people"

She took her phone out and texted her assistant.

'Tell them I'm coming in a few minutes and will continue training' she texted and closed her phone with a sigh.

She placed her forehead on the table and turned to watch the people passing by the road.

The cafe bell rang when the door opened but Lisa did not have the energy to look up on who walked if it was the girl she was supposed to meet or just some random person.

Then she remembered one lesson she learned recently.

The sounds and murmurs she is hearing were reduced as she focused on her other senses trying to grasp the lesson she learned.

She closed her eyes and let time flow faster.

Her senses were heightened.

She could smell the pastries being baked, she could feel the flow of air, and the voices began to subdue as her conscience started to stabilize.

This was the best lesson she had ever learned, it made her feel at peace, and the negative feeling that was inside of her now disappeared, leaving behind no trace.

As her mind was drifting, she felt a tap on her shoulder that made her wake up from her daydream.

She took a deep breath and looked up to see the person who was asking for her attention.

Her doe eyes met with a beautiful pair of feline eyes that made her stop breathing and her heart to beat frantically and out of order.

That same feeling

"Lalisa Manoban?" her eyes went down to the plump lips that voiced out a sweet honey sound.

Her voice, for her, is nothing compared to the music she's been listening to