23

JENNIE'S POV

"Yes Dara unnie, I will go there. I'm just going to meet Irene Unnie and the others for a quick lunch and I'll be meeting you to wherever those parents of mine are" I can visually see Unnie shaking her head at my sentence.

As much as she hates my parents for using me as a chess piece, she taught me to still respect them, even though I knew deep down she wants to choke my dad to death.

"I'm here at the restaurant now Unnie, I'll text you when I'm done or you can ask the guards since you'll be extracting every single thing I do from them anyways" Unnie has a type of hold to everyone around her and it's scary.

I know she worries and like my so called father or should I call my sperm donor, she likes to always be up to date on the things I do, even when I trip on a small rock.

My father has increased the bodyguards given to me and he has been using them as a medium of information to know I'm "being safe".

But we all know he's doing that to keep me in track and for me to follow his rules.

He has eyes everywhere and I hate it.

I hate how little he makes me feel.

I hate how he isn't the same loving father he was before all the power came rushing to his vein like a drug. He is addicted to it and he needs...no he wants more.

Which is why he is making me meet up with one of the sons of a powerful family as well. He wants me and that nameless son to unite the company together and make it powerful.

Powerful enough to steal the spot of the Yang Organization as number one in Korea. Yet even that is uncertain as the gap between my family and the Yangs can't be distinguished by papers alone.

The force behind that power is mysterious. Why would an unknown man suddenly gain power and far surpass those who have been on the top since then?

It's suspicious and dangerous if my father keeps poking his feet on that pathway without a proper idea on who he is dealing with.

I have mentioned my thoughts to my father but he was too blinded by the power that he disregarded the possibilities of his plans reversing against him.

I shook my head from the stress of my family problems. It wasn't even something I should be thinking, I'm only 18 years old. I need to be out there and living my dream, drinking, being with my friends and falling in love.

Reality has constricted my freedom to feel the happiness of a person. Because rather than giving me that, it gave me the opposite.

And now I have to once again sacrifice my whole being just to help my fathers beloved company climb the ladder.

Funny how their own daughter is more of a disposable item than that stupid company.

Jennie, chill yourself. You are going to be with your friends today and you will enjoy

I breathe in and out to stabilized and suppress my anger.

Now is not the time to be in a sour mood.

I'm meeting with my friends and I need their help.

I look at my wristwatch and saw I was just in time. The bodyguard from the other car went to the side of my car and open the door for me.

I put my sunglasses on as the sun hit my face making me wince at the light.

"Don't come inside" I said with no emotions and walked towards the famous cafe of the imperial city.