fire fist bastard. [ roronoa zoro ]

a... brother?

it really wasn't that big of a surprise. luffy was full of surprises and was quite unpredictable, so the news of this random fire-fisted man being his big brother was less shocking than one would assume. zoro was fine with him at first, he seemed like a chill guy he could easily get along with and seemed pretty level headed.

that was until he started to get a little too friendly with you.

zoro wasn't an overbearing boyfriend in the slightest, or at least he tried not to be one. he let you have your space and he wasn't too overprotective because he was well aware you could handle yourself. but something about this ace made his eye twitch.

from a distance, he watches as you lean down for ace to mutter something into your ear, a nasty smirk on his face as a hand clasps onto your shoulder. zoro can feel his blood practically boil when you let out a laugh, eyes squinting in glee before you ruffle the dark mop on his head and dip into the tent you and zoro were to share tonight.

he doesn't realize how worked up he is till the skewer of meat he's holding is snapped in half, jaw set tightly. sanji and usopp look terrified, brows hiding in their hairline as they observe the swordsman who looks down at the broken stick in horror and surprise.

"hey zoro... you okay?" usopp says gently as if he doesn't want to startle the green haired man.

zoro clears his throat, brows knitting in the center so tightly he could easily form wrinkles as he takes a bite into his dinner. "fine."

sanji frowns. "you don't look fine. stop dismissing your emotions, it's bad for you. maybe that's why you always look constipated."

luffy crouches in front of him. zoro doesn't even spare a glance at him, too focused on you deep in conversation with ace as you make yourself another helping. you look happy, at peace, gaze flicking between the older man and your cooking food. "do you think he's constipated? or frozen? it's cold."

chopper knocks on zoro's head once, twice. no response. "i don't think he's frozen."

nami sighs, her hands on her hips. "you guys are all idiots, i swear," she points ahead of them, all eyes diverting upwards. "he's jealous."

a choir of "oh" echoes against the rocks surrounding their campsite. bingo.

"is it because of ace? is he trying to make a move on them?" usopp asks.

luffy blows a raspberry. "nah, i don't think so. he doesn't really do that."

sanji giggles. "maybe zoro feels threatened because they've finally found someone with an emotional ran--"

bonk . sanji yelps, falling backwards off the rock as zoro's fist makes contact with his face. he gets up, beginning to scream at the man but gets no response, his attention still locked on you speaking to the fireslinger.

it catches your attention, looking up to see your boyfriend staring intensely at you, almost like you're some big enemy he has to kill, sanji in his face yelling. you cock your head, sending a confused wave. no response.

ace follows your gaze, now all eyes on the swordsman. "is... is he okay?"

you purse your lips. "i dunno. he's never done this before, only if he falls asleep with his eyes open."

ace chuckles, taking a bite into his meat. "maybe the cold froze him."

you laugh, pulling your own food from the fire. "nah. that man is as hot as this desert during the day year-round."

ace looks over at you. there's a stupid lovesick grin on your face as you take a bite into your dinner, chewing happily. you look so happy, so at peace with them and it couldn't make him any happier.