only in your dreams. [ roronoa zoro ]

it's quiet up here.

you can hear the muted sounds of the ocean sloshing below the ship, the soft hum of the wind as it rustles the sails. the sun's beginning to dip into the horizon, sending its watercolor hues out onto the ocean, temporarily becoming a reflection of the sorbet sunset. it's nice, quiet, and you lean your body closer to the window in hopes of getting a better view.

the hatch snaps open, but you don't need to look to see who's joined you. he steps up with a grunt before closing the door, footsteps heavy beneath his weight before the bench creaks in front of you. he's quiet, if you really weren't paying attention you wouldn't be able to tell he's sitting beside you until a hand slides over. it rests weighty on your thigh, calloused thumb rubbing soft circles that make your eyelids droop the slightest amount.

"tired?" zoro finally speaks, the deep timbers of his voice bringing goosebumps to your skin.

you hum. "a bit," you respond, hand blindly searching for his other till his fingers slip between yours, enveloping your hand whole. "i can understand why you stay up here so much."

zoro mimics you, the chill of the window welcoming on his warmer skin. you look relaxed, skin glowing in the golden light. "how so?"

you sigh; it's hard to form sentences with his hand caressing your skin. "it's peaceful up here. no people, no pirates, no marines, just me. i like it."

he chuckles, and you feel his knee bump yours as he slides closer. his hands leave yours, but are quickly found again as they land on your hips, disappearing below your shirt. he's warm, large palms heavy and comforting as fingers slide over the smooth skin of your torso. "yeah? it's fine that i'm up here, though?"

a hint of a grin pulls at your lips. "you're okay. you don't talk much."

zoro snorts, and you feel yourself being tugged closer to him. you can tell it's annoying him that you haven't looked at him once. his thumbs slide against your rib cage, a smirk rising on his face when goosebumps appear below his touch. "really? nothing else?"

you shake your head, pursing your lips. "nope, nothing else."

he's close, his breath is fanning over your face and it tickles , your nose scrunching for the slightest second. you're so tempted to look, so tempted to break this deal you've made with yourself, but you can't give him the satisfaction.

"so," his voice is deeper, rumbling low in his chest in a way that makes your eyes widen the slightest bit, "would it be okay if i kissed you, then?"

your cheeks flush, though you hold your ground. "only in your dreams."

he clicks his tongue, a sharp intake of air that lets you know he's going to speak. before he can, you turn, cupping his cheeks and effectively silencing him.

quick to react, he kisses back, hands gripping your waist and tugging you closer. your hand slips around his neck, gripping his nape and holding him against you in a way that makes him groan. hands find your supple thighs, dragging you onto his lap, massaging the skin. you shiver, arms curling around his neck, craving his lips and his warmth.

he pulls away, chest heaving as heavy yet adoring eyes find yours, lips swollen. you reach down, cupping his jaw before dragging a thumb over his pink bottom lip. his eyes are dark, drooping as he stares at you like you carry the sun till you connect the stare, a grin tugging at your cheeks.

"i think it's more than fine that you're up here. only if you kiss me again."