here. [ roronoa zoro ]

dressrosa spoilers below.

finally , you think, it's over.

over twenty-four hours of no sleep, constant battle and strife and god is the feeling of your blood dried and glued to your skin getting old. your body aches with each movement, joints and muscles groaning at you to sit and rest. doflamingo's unconscious body lies deep in the ground where his port once stood, tufts of blonde hair peeking from under the rubble. you have no clue where your captain is, all you know is that he's safe with law and he'll be alright. you can see the members of your crew who stayed behind, taking count as your eyes skid over their bloodied, but very much alive bodies.

someone's missing. you don't need a second thought to think about who it is.

you can barely hear franky call after you as you begin running towards pica's stone shell, the ache in your legs easily replaced with adrenaline. your heart's banging against your ribs with each step, anxiety taking over your pain. his name rips from your throat in hoarse yells, clawing at the back of your throat. every single inch of your body is pleading for you to stop and sit down, but you can't. you refuse.

robin had chased after you, focusing on bringing you back to the rendezvous point while mindlessly lifting rubble as she follows. you hadn't noticed her, your eyes pinpointed on every black piece of clothing or gleam of a katana handle that falls into your line of sight. you stop and stare for a second, gasping out his name as your scratched fingers grip and pull at large slabs of stones.

you stop at a particularly large pile, what you assume to be a broken home, beside pica's left foot and begin digging. you can't speak any longer, throat torn from screaming as you begin to claw. your fingertips have been split, blood leaking down your wrists and into the stone with each toss and pull. you had pulled your own katana out, using its handle to pry rubble away when your hands went numb.

"please... please be here somewhere..." you whispered, the sound of your own voice foreign. your arms are close to the point of exhaustion, slow and tired movements as you shakily reach for another stone. the stone grows wet once more, and you look up to see if it's raining before you feel the tears seep from your eyes.

"hey."

your arms stop. slowly, your head cranes over your shoulder, searching. a green tuft of hair falls into your field of vision, perched on a broken piece of your enemy. his hands are shoved in his pockets, hair tufted and mended with his own blood and sweat, hanging loosely over his eyes and sticking up straight in others. his suit is wrinkled but thankfully there are no rips or red splotches. finally, your eyes catch his, dark and brooding but they light up under the newfound sunlight.

he's okay. zoro's okay.

your body moves before you can even think about it, your legs carrying you over piles of broken homes. tears flow freely now, dripping down your face and being caught in the wind. he's begun to run towards you as well, katanas clanking against his hip with each heavy step. you catch the smile on his face as he grows closer, a choked sob ripping from you when you can finally see the scar stretching his eye, the crease between his eyebrow and the beginning of his battle wound from mihawk many years ago.

your body's clash, warmth melding into each other and healing the past wounds of the battle. his arms are quick to come around your waist, squeezing you as if he's making sure you're really here. your hands cup his face, thumbs smoothing over the rough planes of his cheeks and the ruching over his eye.

"you're alright," you croak, "you're alright you're ali-"

your words stop as a softness meets your own lips. you freeze before you realize zoro's kissing you, almost so gently you wouldn't have noticed if it was him, but it is , and you know it is. it's his smell, it's touch, it's this taste that is so foreign to you but so comforting and familiar all at once. it overloads your senses but you kiss back, holding his face between your shaking and bloodied hands as you melt yourself into him, his calloused palms tugging you closer against the ripped fabric of your dress. it's zoro, and he's here.

your lungs give out and you pull away, drawing in a shaky breath as your eyes open to meet his. his gaze is soft, some sort of fondness you have only seen a couple times in your time on the ship. his lips pull up gently, a thumb raising to wipe the blood off your forehead before it slides further down your face.

"i've wanted to do that for a while now." his words are quiet.

"me too." you wince at the stretch in your throat.

zoro claps a hand over your mouth. "don't speak. you sound like you swallowed a frog."

you laugh behind his hand, weakly pulling it from your face before leaning in to capture his lips once more. you can't get enough of it, the taste and feeling of him is addicting, each kiss making you want to lean in again and again and claim him till his lips are swollen and bruised.

"we need to be at the rendezvous point."

you fall from each other, zoro dropping you on your butt as your heads whip towards the ground. robin's arms are across her chest, a knowing grin on her lips. you can tell she's savoring the flush on your cheeks, the embarrassment of her catching such an intimate moment flooding through your veins. she smirks, pivoting on her heel as she begins to stroll away.

"zoro, you should carry them, i don't think they have the strength to walk anymore," she calls, then stops where she stands.

"and don't worry, i won't tell what i saw. it's our little secret."