ignored. [ eustass kid ]

"Kid."

No response.

You poke his cheek. "Kiiiiid."

He still won't answer. You frown.

Your beloved boyfriend has been avoiding you-- more so busy -- all day and it's been driving you mad . Every chance you took to spend some time with him he was occupied, whether it be on paperwork or something he was tinkering on. Normally, you couldn't care less, but something about today had you absolutely craving his attention. Now that you had him in his workshop, you thought you could finally get some quality time, but his attention is elsewhere.

You let your arms fall over Kid's shoulders and down across his chest, hanging limply on his back as he works. Your head comes to rest on his shoulder, his cheek nuzzled snugly against yours in a way that would've made your heart swell if he wasn't ignoring you. He continues to wrench at whatever's between his large hands, and you fight off the temptation to knock it from them and intertwine your fingers. That would get you farther from your goal, though.

A giggle slips from your mouth at your new idea, palms resting on either pec before giving them a firm squeeze. Your grin slips into a frown as he ignores it once more, missing the way he catches the inside of his cheek with his teeth to bite back a smile. You rest your head on top of his and pout, brain flipping pages of potential ideas over and over as you avidly chase the finish line. Defeat is on the horizon.

When you almost give up, one last lightbulb flickers in your brain. A smirk pulls at the corner of your lips. This could work. Your hands slip from his chest to the sharp edges of his jaw, savoring the way his skin jumps below your touch. Slowly, you pull his head back, thankful for his lack of resistance, until his head is parallel with yours. Before he can attempt to look back at his project, you kiss him.

It takes him by surprise, whatever's in his hands clinking against the table as his hands eventually fly up to grip your cheek, tugging your lips closer almost needily. You grin as you abruptly pull back, biting back a laugh as your eyes fall on his scowling expression.

"That's all it took? Have more resolve, Kid." you tease.

Kid clicks his tongue. "I'll gladly go back to ignoring you."

You gasp, exclaiming, "So you were ignoring me!"

He rolls his eyes, crossing his arms across his chest. "At first, no. But when I overheard you complaining to Killer about it, I thought it would be fun to play along."

He cackles when you slap his chest with a frown. "You ass!"

Your boyfriend grins as he catches your hand, swiveling his chair towards you. He tugs you into his lap, perching you on his thighs before turning towards the desk once more. His heavy head falls on your shoulder, arms slipping beneath yours to reach his project. Your hands find purchase on his forearms, savoring the warmth of him finally around you.

"Will this quit your bitching?" he grumbles, but you don't miss the amusement in his tone.

You hum, nuzzling back into his broad chest. "Consider my bitching subsided."

a/n omg this one doesn't have all lowercase either im shocked