jealous. [ roronoa zoro ]

slight onigashima spoilers.

Zoro's decided he doesn't like Eustass Kid very much.

He's arrogant, brute, selfish, and destructive. His hair's this obnoxious fiery red, and he's accidentally stolen Zoro's swords a couple of times on the trip to Onigashima with his annoying stupid devil fruit. He also likes you a bit too much.

At first, he assumed it was just admiration of strength, the compliment following the sinking of one of Kaido's ships done by you. He paid it no mind, watching the interaction until you returned to the Sunny , giving Zoro a minute grin of excitement before shoving it away. He had returned the smile.

The two of you weren't open about your relationship. Your line of work was dangerous enough if you were alone, but being able to have someone your enemy can target is miles worse, especially if they can be recognized as a romantic interest. Besides that, neither of you were openly affectionate. Zoro, blunt and temperamental, and you, fiery and ten times more temperamental than he is. Neither of you wanted to deal with Sanji, either.

You had joined Luffy in destroying the troops that guarded the gates to Onigashima, proceeding to aggressively stomp on the face of one of them when he attempted to slice your ankle. It was a quick operation, but Kid had returned, a smirk tugging at the corner of his mouth when he questioned you about your strength technique. Zoro watched once more, his eyes flitting between the two of you, when his admiring  grin turned down. Kid wasn't one to give compliments.

Still, you returned to Zoro, his fist bumping with yours and his hand sneaking down to playfully squeeze your butt when no one was looking. That earned him a teasing smack to the ribs with the heel of your sword, but it was worth it.

"He's actually kind of... okay," you'd said when Zoro asked about the red head. "Thought he'd be a dick."

"I think he's flirting with you." Zoro blurted out, immediate regret sinking in.

You turn to him, quirking an eyebrow. Your hair is stuck to your forehead with sweat and saltwater, the collar of your kimono loosening around your shoulders. "Really? I didn't think so."

Zoro huffs in response, crossing his arms over his chest. He's acting childish and he knows it, but something in his gut is turning, his blood going hot and his brow twitching. He's annoyed– something along those lines, but not quite that.

You roll your eyes, bumping your shoulder against his. "Oh please . Even if he was, I, A) am a little too in love with you, and B) how would you be able to tell? You're denser than a rock."

He frowns at you. "I'll take your word for it right now. But if anything else happens, I'm gonna rub it in your face that I was right for at least a month and then slice his face in two."

A snort pushes from your chest. "You're jealous."

Zoro's frown deepens into a scowl. "What does that even mean?"

You don't respond, and he watches in annoyance as your smirk stretches on your face.

He can't figure out if Kin'emon's disguises were a blessing or a curse.

One thing he knows for sure is that he can't tear his eye away from you. The orange base of the top and pants make you radiate, the straps that cross over your torso have his fingers twitching. You slide your swords into the sheaths on your back before meeting his gaze, a teasing smile on your lips. He returns it, letting his eyes slide down your frame, and then up...

Eustass Kid stands behind you, his hand in his front pocket, eyes slanted down at you. He looms over you, and he can't figure out if his intentions are what he believes them to be.

"Orange suits you well."

You smile kindly as you adjust your pants so they flare around your boots. "Thanks, Kid."

"Ya know," he grumbles out, his tongue gliding over his painted lips."I've been admiring your strength for a while now, since Sabaody, and you're incredibly powerful. I'd like to get to know you more once I've got Kaido's head."

Zoro feels his fists tighten, skin growing hot. His jaw aches, teeth grinding against each other. His fingers dance around Enma's handle, tempted to pull her out and slide the captain into bite sized pieces. He wants to bruise his face, slice his hair clean off, grab your face and kiss you before his eyes. Is this that "jealousy" thing you mentioned? He's too annoyed to care.

You stand up straight, your eyes slowly catching Kid's. The cocky expression he wears is almost comical, and you study it for a second or two before finding his amber eyes. You begin to grin, and Zoro can feel the steam whistling from his ears.

"No."

Kidd's expression drops as you walk away. Relief washes over Zoro, a breath he wasn't aware he was holding being shoved from his chest. You're making his way towards him when he catches the devious grin on your lips. He can't help but mirror it, awaiting his moment to gloat.

"Go ahead, say it."

Zoro smiles. "Told you so."

You raise your brows. "That you did, and now you get to hold it over my head for at least a month. I applaud you for actually noticing that."

"I don't like other guys trying to get with you."

You cackle, shoving a finger into his chest. "You so were jealous!"

"I don't even know what that means!" Zoro exclaims, throwing his hands up.

"You had this black stormy cloud over your head and your face was contorted into this horrid expression. I swear it was like someone just killed one of our crewmates."

He feels his cheeks heat, turning his head away. "Shut up. I wasn't mad."

Your fingers gently pinch his chin as you angle his head back towards you. "Zoro, it's alright. I think it's attractive, really."

Zoro's brows shoot up his forehead, the corner of his lip twitching. "Do you now?"

Your teeth catch your lip as you nod.

His hands skim over the top of your pants before finding their way into the dips of your waist, gently dragging you closer to him, his heart thramming against his ribs as you peer up at him from beneath your lashes. "Does that give me permission to kiss you to send him a hint?"

You smirk, your hands gliding over the rough and muscled panes of his chest. "Please, be my guest."

Zoro's lips catch yours, a hum vibrating between the two of you. His mind goes foggy as your fingers trace his jaw, gliding over the corner of his lip. You pull away to breath, grinning at each other, giggling softly.

Though, unfortunately that wasn't enough, as Kid and Sanji both charge towards you. Zoro thinks he finally realizes what jealousy is.