◾Chapter - 3◾

*A week later*

*Chloe*

Finally, the week is over. Wayhoo. 

"Mooooomm... Can I have my keys back." I sing while running down the stairs to find her sipping coffee, while working on a case. 

"Sit down." She orders. Rolling my eyes, I sit on the bar stool. 

"Chloe, baby I know, these things, the underground fighting and the street racing stuff, I know it fascinates you, but trust me this will not get anywhere." She explains.

"I-" "I know... you find them exciting" She cuts me off. "You get to blow off some steam. But believe me, this... this is not healthy. For a father who you hate so much, you are so much like him." She continues. 

"Don't. Don't compare me with him." I stand up abruptly.

"See, you never fail to prove me wrong. Always so hyper and short tempered. Just like him." She smiles softly. "Which means I know I can't stop you from going to those fights. However, as a mother I sure can be concerned. So promise me, you will be safe and not get into the nasty stuff." 

"Yes Mom. I promise." I smile brightly and pull her into a warm hug. "Now my keys... Reece is waiting, we going to The Alley." 

Chuckling, she hands them to me and I sprint outside. I find him leaning against the car. The moments our eyes meet, I run to him. He opens his arms in time for me to jump in them. 

"I missed you King." I laugh. 

"I missed you too Miha." He holds me tightly. Apparently, Mom took a couple of days off before the week's end. She was home like, all the time, which gave no chance for Tris and Reece to sneak in. 

A second later he puts me down and I see Tris coming over to us. 

"Oh my god Chlo, I'd be lying if I say I didn't miss you." He too pulls me into a hug. "There's no way I'm letting go back to fighting if it means you're going into a complete lockdown." He laughs.

"Yeah, about that. I'll tell you guys everything, but lets just get out of here first." I push past both of them and get into the driver's seat. 

"I get the shotgun." Tris hollers and run to the passenger seat. I laugh as Reece drags himself to the back seat. "That's okay pouty. You take the shotgun while coming back." We laugh as he sits in the back seat like a grumpy 5 year old.

"Its okay Reecey... We'll buy you an ice cream." I wink. Oh these boys. Don't know what I'd do without them. I take off for the alley and while driving I tell them all about my talk with mom.

=*=*=*=

We've just finished our game and obviously I Reece won. Trust me the guy is freakishly good at Bowling. "What next?" He asks while returning the shoes.

"I'm officially starving." I rub my belly making them laugh. 

"Then lets get you something to eat." He smiles and we make our way to the food court, talking and snickering about the most random shit in the world. 

"Tris.how'snewtrackcoming" I ask while stuffing my face with my burger.

"Oh its great." He mocks me, making Reece laugh.

"Shut Up King. I said I was starving." I throw a waste tissue at his face which hits his fore head. 

"You're gonna regret that." He warns. 

"Oh really." I smirk at him challengingly. "What ya gonna do?" I say rather intimidating. From the corner of my eye I see Tristen smirking. Reece on the other hand looks intimidated. 

"Yeah, breaking the sexual tension, did you guys hear about the family moving next door to me?" He asks.

"Yah... Mom told me. She said they were moving in from San Diego." I answer. 

"Yeah, my dad actually got them the deal." Reece pipes in. 

"Cool, hope they have a beautiful daughter." He comments, smiling smugly making both me and Reece laugh.

"We're still up for tomorrow right?" I ask expectedly.

"What about tomorrow?" Tristen questions.

"Oh my god... you really forgot. Its Alice's party."

"Of course. How did I forget about that?" Reece thinks aloud. "But there's a problem." 

"What?" Tris and I ask simultaneously. 

"Carlos wanted me to come over, said he gotta tell me something about my fight." He informs.

"Its called a party for a reason dummy head." Tristen chaffs.

"Exactly, you can come and go anytime you want." I shake my head.

"Alright then. Its on you guys if I miss out on all the fun parts." He shrugs.

"Oh trust me you wouldn't king." I wink. "C'mon, lets get you an ice cream now."

With that we make our way out of The Ally and walk to the ice cream shop that is just around the corner.

*****

I know this one is short and boring. Bare with me plz. But Next one's got the real deal and its gonna be long. Not long long, but long. 

▪ Peace ▪