◾ Chapter - 26 ◾

*Chloe*

Why do my hands and feet feel like they have been tied. And my head, is like it weighs a 100 tons. 

Mustering all my strength, I lift my head and try to jerk my hands from whatever is holding them. Nevertheless, I fail miserably. I open my eyes into slits, only to be greeted by complete darkness  around me. The only source of light is the flickering bulb above my head. 

Where the hell did those motherfuckers bring me? Feeling a lot less dizzy, I open my eyes completely. My hands have been tied on either side of the arm rest of a wooden and so are my feet to the legs of the chair. 

There must be something, or some way out of here. And... 

Holy fuck... 

Where are Blake, Ashley and Jacob.

Suddenly, I hear a metal door open at a distance, followed by footsteps. They are coming in my direction. 

But the moment the person steps into my cell, my eyes go wide as saucer. 

"What the fuck? Is this some kind of joke." I yell, and he just stands there, with his arms folded over his chest. 

"Calm down Kid, You were the one who wanted to join the gang." He takes another chair and sits across from me. Right now, confusion and anger are small words for what I am feeling. 

"Yeah... but I don't remember signing up for getting kidnapped by my own father." I sneer, making him chuckle. If this is some sick joke, then I'm disgusted. He really thinks this is funny? 

"Consider this as college. You applied, by telling me you wanted to join. To know, you are worthy of the gang or not, we took an entrance test." He shrugs.

"You call kidnapping your own daughter an entrance test? Those guys had guns, what if they shot us. What if we shot one of them." 

"Bullets were fake. And I think some way or the other it did help you." He smirks. I mean yeah.. I don't feel murderous after the sparing match with that man. My anger is also a bit in control. But if he keeps pulling things like this, I'll definitely kill someone.

"Whatever. Now, if you're done, just cut these ropes off." I roll my eyes at him, but he smirks at me yet again. "What?"

"well, that's you first assignment. To get out of these ropes." With that he starts to leave. 

"But how?" I call after him frustration. Who does he think I am? A magician?

"Figure it out Chloe. The bad guys out there won't just hand you a knife or piece of glass. I'll be timing you." He informs. 

"Wait... did Blake, Ashley and Jacob knew about this?" If they did, then I'm mad at them too. They could have just warned me. Or given me the slightest of hint.

"No... They could have warned you. You see, the element of surprise is the key in this business." With that he leaves me struggling with the ropes. 

What am I suppose to do? My hands are ties on either side.... I can't reach them. Nor do I have a knife on me. Remind me to carry one next time. 

I look around once again, looking for some sharp object, but find nothing. I do have an idea, but I don't know it'll work or not. However, I don't I have a choice but to try.

Tightly clasping, the chair with my hands, I sit back firmly. Okay... on the count of three.

1

2

3... 

With that I jump as high as possible with the chair and flip mid air onto my back. 

"Ow..." I fall down with a thud, breaking the chair into pieces. But I think I crack my back. It seems so easy when Romanoff does it. Not bothering about the pain, I quickly free my hands and run towards the door. 

"That was quick." He smiles proudly. "I was tied in that room for hours." Shaking my head I follow him. 

"What place is this?" 

"Its our warehouse. Home to all our gang members." he informs. "That cell was a holding cell for the prisoners. Here on this floor is the armory and the shooting ring. My office is on the 2nd floor." The place is not at all as I expected it to be.

The word gang warehouse, always brings this image of an abandoned building in the middle of nowhere. But this place is nothing of that sort. Its much cleaner and well managed. 

"Valery, will inform you about your time table for the day."

"My time table? For what?" I question.

"Your training begins tomorrow. At first light. You have shooting lessons, with Jacob, fighting lessons with Felix..-"

"You know I don't need fighting lessons." I huff.

"I know, But you have to learn to control your anger and not just channel it into your punches. Now you no longer fight to win a championship. You fight to defend yourself and attack the enemy." He explains while I nod understandingly.

"Anyways, After the basic tech lessons, with Blake, you have business lessons with me and your aunt and uncle. We discuss the confidential stuff there."  

"What is this? A high school?" I complain.

"Call it want you want kid. It was your call, not mine." Shrugging he gets into the elevator, to leave for his office. "Now go shower, you're a mess." He laughs before, the elevator door closes. I head outside, smiling to myself. 

I finally made it. I'm in the gang. Andres, You better watch your 6 now. Bitch.

*~*~*~*