◾ Chapter - 45 ◾

*Chloe*

"DAD." I scream and sprint towards him. He collapses in my arms and just like that, I see my mom's frail face in him. "Tristen get back here." I sob, pressing my dad's wound. 

"You... You called me dad for the first time." He smiles weakly but groans with pain at the same time.

"Don't speak. You can't leave me like she did. I won't let you go." Tears start spilling from my eyes like an endless stream of water fall as his eyes starts drooping. "Dad? Stay with me. Open your eyes." 

"I love you pumpkin. Just remember that." No no no no. Mom said those exact words before she left me. I won't allow this. I won't let him do this to me.

"Holy Shit." Tris' comes running towards us. 

"He's not waking up." I cry.

"He'll be fine Chlo. We'll get him to the hospital." Tris assures me and then helps me carry him to the nearest car. 

=*=*=*=

*Reece*

I wake up to the sound of machines beeping around me. My whole body feels numb and the pain is gone. I don't know if its the sedative or its actually not there. 

I can feel a small hand wrapped around my left one, so I grab it weakly, telling the person next to me that I'm awake. 

"You're up." She breaths happily. Her eyes are puffed and blood shot and the tear stains on her cheeks look fresh. 

"What happened?" My voice comes out rough and cracked. Eve just smiles lightly and helps me with a glass of water. The liquid trickles down my throat, and eases the dryness. 

"Nothing. You just have a mild concussion. You're fine Reece. There's nothing to worry about." She avoids my eyes. Just looks at our intertwined hands as thumb draws comforting circles on my knuckles. 

"Yeah, and you're crying because I'm fine." Her eyes instantly pool up. I put a finger under her chin, making her look at me. "What is it Eve?" 

"He shot me dad." She sobs and my blood runs cold. "He shot him and ran away. Dad's still in surgery, and the doctor's say, he's lost a lot of blood." 

"Come here." I open my arms to her. She lays beside me, and sobs into my chest. "He'll be okay Eve." This just feels like the last time. I don't know what to say or do. I just don't want her to go through this all over again. I know she's not healed after her mom's death and if she loses Sebastian, she's won't be able to handle it. 

"I have to go Reece." Her cracked voice breaks the silence. 

"Go where?" I look at her as she sits up.

"I have to get hold of that bastard. I won't be able to make peace with myself until I've see the light leave his eyes. I'm going after him." She explains.

"I'm coming with you." I start to get up but she stops me.

"No. I'm going alone. This is my fight Reece. I came this close to losing you today. I can't risk it anymore. My dad is fighting for his life because of me. I can't lose anyone of you." She shakes her head.

"But..-"

"Shh. Don't make it any harder than it already is." She places finger on my lips, shutting me up. She starts leaving but I grab her wrist. 

"I... I-" This time she shuts me up planting her lips on mine. I kiss her back, roping my finger into her hair. Devouring every inch of her lips. Her shaky hands rest at the base of my neck, holding it it in its position. A while later, we pull back, breathing heavily. 

"Tell me when I come back." She smile, already knowing what I was about to say.

"Promise me you'll come back to me." I say looking deep into her hazel eyes.

"I promise." With one last peck, she leaves. But there's no way in hell, I'm letting her do this on her own. I can't let her walk into a death trap.

=*=*=*=

*Chloe*

"Did you find out where he is?" I ask.

"Yes. But there's one thing you should know Chloe, there's no turning back now." He warns.

"I know. If I had any intentions of turning back, I wouldn't be here right now." I glare at him. "But before we do this, I need to know everything. I want you come clean about what happened that day. Why did mom kill Andres' wife and not him?"

"Your mom did not kill her." Toni snaps. "That rat was scared when Celia and I got hold of him. He was so hell bent on protecting himself, that he himself pushed his own wife, in front of us. Your mother never intended on killing an innocent, but the bullet hit his wife, and he got a chance to run away." 

"But dad told me-"

"We never told Sebastian or anyone for that matter. We tried to save the poor girl, but she died on the way to the hospital." 

"Son of a bitch." This disgusts me. 

"If he was the one who pushed his wife, then why'd he go after Celia?" Jacob asks.

"Guilt, son. People do anything and everything to get rid of that feeling." 

"Where do we find him?" This is enough. I can't let him breath for another second now. He had to pay for every sin he's made. 

"There's an old runway on the outskirts of the town. Its mostly used by his gang to import and export drugs and arms. He's hiding there." Toni points to the little circle on the map.

"Then what are waiting for? Lets go." Jacob stands up and we both follow him. He stopped me from leaving alone from the hospital. He said his father died at the hands of that man and was on the verge of losing another. So who was I to stop him from coming. 

This time, there will be no sneak attack. We're going to raid the area. There's one thing for sure, today will witness the most brutal blood shed in the underworld history. And I know, that all of it, is on my hand.

However I couldn't care less. I'm seeing red right now and the only way to calm myself, is to kill that motherfucker.

*****

Happy reading everyone. Don't forget to Vote and Comment. Love ya'll.