◾ Chapter 14 ◾

*Chloe*

"CHLOE... THE CAR'S HERE." dad shouts from the front door. For the millionth time today, I look at Reece's window, hoping, he'll show up. That he will not let me go. Or at least won't let me go without a goodbye.

"He's not coming Chloe." Tristen says sadly. I turn to him and he is already in tears. Not wasting even a second I pull him into a hug and he sobs into my shoulder. Sometimes, the amount of affection and love this idiot has for me, scares me. 

"Take care of yourself Tris... Always be happy. Find a beautiful girl for yourself... but don't rush it and make me an aunt too quick." I laugh and making him chuckle. 

"You too Chlo... take care of yourself. Don't just sit around waiting for Reece the asshole. Find a handsome boy and marry him. Also... don't miss me too much." He laughs and I join him. 

"I'm sorry to interrupt... but its time to go Chloe." Dad says from the door way. We pull away and look at him with tears running down our cheeks. He gives us a sad look and then walks away. 

"Take care of him too. Don't let him do anything stupid. I know its not his fault but I just need time to sort stuff out. To clear my mind." He nods.

With that we both walk downstairs to my dad. For the last time I look at my house. The place where I grew up. Where I met the two most important boys in my life. But it still pains me. It hurts like a bitch, and thus a part of me is glad to leave this place behind. 

Its just funny, no matter how many good memories a place holds. One bad one, can scar all of them. For me it was my mother's death. I lost her in this very pace. And I don't think I'd be able to look at it the same way I use to. I'm not taking anything along with me, except for my personals and a picture of me and my mom. I guess it really is the time to start fresh. To get a new life and put this one behind. I just hope its not that hard. 

I lock the front door and hand the keys to Tristen. He accepts them with a sad smile playing on his beautiful face. 

A Range Rover stands in the driveway, surrounded by my dad's bodyguards. Hesitantly, I look over the fence to his house, but his car is still gone. 

Goodbye Reece.

I get into the car and tears greet me like an old friend. This time I don't stop them and let them flow freely. With hazy eyes I see my dad shaking hands with Tristen. He says something to him and dad nods. With glossy eyes he looks at me, and nods. I look away. I don't have it in me to do this. He's my best friend. I can't see him hurting like this. Not after knowing that its me who is inflicting the pain. 

Dad gets in the car and we drive off to the airport. Even mad that he didn't show up, I can't help but feel a little light of hope that is still in me. That he will come after me. 

The entire way, water falls from my eyes like an endless stream. No words are exchanged as I just stare out of the window. I am thankful to the comfortable yet suffocating silence. I'm glad that he doesn't pushes me to talk and lets me be with my emotions for some time. 

With every passing minute the hope I have breaths its last breath, and dies the moment the car comes to a halt in front of a private jet. I wipe my tears off and get out of the car. Thanking the person who opened the door for me I walk beside my dad and into the plane. After like 20 minutes, we are ready for take off. 

Goodbye Texas, Goodbye Mom, Goodbye Tris and Goodbye Reece.

"Its a long flight honey... you should take a nap. It was really a long day for you." He says after an hour. I nod and slide back into my seat. He pulls a blanket over me and kisses my head. "I love you pumpkin and I'm always here for you." Not waiting for a reply he walks away and I just lay there staring at the cotton candy clouds, until I drift into an uncomfortable slumber.