◾ Chapter - 9 ◾

*Chloe*

What does it feels like to lose a loved one? Your best friend, your first teacher, your first ever beauty guru. Your Mom.

Whatever it is, I don't wanna feel it, coz only the sound of it makes me wanna curl into a ball and cry for ages. I'm not ready to feel it. I don't think I'll ever be. No one can, not me not you. Fuck, I wouldn't even want Ashton to feel that. Its a terrible pain and suffering to wish for someone.

We brought her to the hospital but she has already lost so much blood. With every minute that passes my heart sinks deeper, into a darker space. She's my only family and I can't imagine my life without her. I mean for god sakes, we are suppose to argue about what college I pick. She can't let me go just like that... without putting a fight.

So many birthdays and Christmas are left to celebrate, And the biggest argument of all are yet to come... my wedding dress and the flower arrangement.

"Hey..." Reece's voice snaps me out of my daze and his finger wiping off my tears pull me back to reality. "She's gonna be alright Eve. She's a fighter." Reece grabs my hand tightly and reassuringly. I am not in a state to form meaningful sentences so I just nod and lean on his shoulder. 

Doctors run around the entire corridor. From the surgery room to whatever room. I tried talking to them, but they just dismissed me. Tris is his with his parents outside. I'm so glad that they are okay. I wouldn't have been able to forgive myself if something would have happened to any of them.

Suddenly I hear thundering sound of footsteps. Like a lot of them.

"I told you to take care of them. To keep them safe." A spanish accent yells. The footsteps get closer and the voice sounds again. "Where are they?" 

Now I can see the man and an army of huge dudes behind him. A women is on his left and Mr. Robinson stand there as a guilty criminal in front of them. I look at Reece and he nods. We both walk up to Mr. Robinson. "What's going on?" I ask.

"Chloe?" The man asks in a soft voice. As my eyes meet his, I instantly recognize him. I mean how can I not recognize my own eyes. Hence the person I got them from. But in the moment, instead of feeling angry, spiteful, vengeful, and all the synonyms for anger, I feel vulnerable. I feel tired. As if my knees no longer hold the ability to carry my wait. Tears pool my eyes and instead of punching my old man square into his jaw, I hug him. 

I have no idea why I'm doing this, but Its like every cell in my body wants this. I hug him tightly and bawl my eyes out.

"Oh... my sweet little girl. I'm here now. I'm here. Everything's gonna be fine... shhh" He rubs my back and for some reason, I do calm down. The anxiousness, the panic and the adrenaline in my body starts to supers. 

"I'll just talk to the doctor" He says and walks away. I calm my breathing and wipe my tears. Reece walks up to me and holds me. 

I look at the women that was standing beside my father and she sends me sweet sympathetic smile. I return the gesture and look at Reece. His eyes are a pool of emotions. I can point out every single one of them except one. Is it fear? Or worry? Or more like he is scared...? 

I look away from him and to the place where my dad is waiting for the doctor. The doctor comes out with a certain expression and tells him something. 

"NOOOOOOO" Dad yells and falls onto the ground and I'm numb. Like my entire body is in a pool filled with ice water. My grip around Reece loosens and I fall on the ground. Not unconscious, but... numb. All the voices around me are muffled and everything in site is blurred except for the door from which the doctor came out. Someone shakes me, but I feel nothing. They call out my name multiple times but I stare into nothingness without having to reply to them. 

And then, suddenly the numbness starts fading away. Every emotion, every shred of pain hits me like a ton of bricks. So I do what any sane person in my place would....

I scream. I scream my lungs out. Tears fall from my eyes as an endless stream.

She's gone...She's gone for good. She left me alone. She broke her promise... 

I get out of whoever's grip and sprint into her room. There she lays... as lifeless as a fallen leave in the Autumn season. "Mom...Mom wake up." I shake her violently. "C'mon... I know you can't stay mad at me forever. I'm sorry, okay. I promise I'll never sneak out of the house. I'll do anything you want, but please wake up." I rest my head on her chest crying my eyes out. 

"Please... Please don't leave me alone. Please don't go. You promised, you'll never leave me, that you'll never abandon me like my bastard father. Yeah... I just called him a bastard again... c'mon get up and scold me. Make me apologize. MOM." I shout. and my sobs fill the empty room. The door opens and my father walks in. 

"Why isn't she waking up." I sob and he pulls me into his chest. 

"She's gone baby... she's gone." He says. 

"NO... SHE IS NOT LIKE YOU." I pull out of his grip. "She promised, she'll never leave." He takes a step forward. 

"Chloe...." He calls, tears falling from his own eyes. "she's gone... she's not coming back. She won't wake up." 

~~~

*Reece*

"Chloe..." I shout as she slips out of my arms. "Chloe..." I shake her. Oh god... why would you do this to my Eve... why?

The girl I've known my entire life sits in front of me, numb. No emotions cover her face as she stares into nothingness. As if coming to her senses, as if feeling everything at once, she shouts. She shouts her lungs out. I pull her to my chest and hold her tight. Tristen sits beside her, rubbing her back. He's a crying mess himself but who isn't.

What should I do? What do I do to make the aching stop. How do I take the pain away? Suddenly she throws my arms off of her and sprints to the room where her mom is. I start to run after her but someone holds my hand. I look back to see my mom. Her eyes are blood shot and tears stain her cheeks as new one fall off her eyes. 

"Mom?" My voice breaks.

"Let her go. She needs her time alone with her mom." She nods and pulls me into a hug. 

"This wasn't suppose to happen. This is wrong, Celia didn't deserve to die. Eve didn't deserve to be left alone." I sob.

"She's not alone... We all are with her... and so is Celia. She'll always be with her, Reece." But I know better. Yes I'm with her. Fuck I'll always be and so will Tris. But no one can fill the spot where her mother use to be. No amount of support or prayers can fill that emptiness. She is shattered to the core... and god knows how long will it take for her to pick those pieces up and put them back. Or will she ever be able to put those pieces back up?

*****

I'm too moved by my own words to say anything. How did you guys feel about it. Let me know in the comments.

◾ Peace ◾