Chapter 5

Sadie Kane

In mythology, which was our first elective, we were learning Greek Mythology. Percy's friends looked at each other as if this would be easy. Turns out it was. They seemed to know everything our teacher asked, with Annabeth knowing the most. The teacher muttered something in Greek, which sounded like,

"Megali eho na didaxay pragmatika tora. Ilithio expyna paidia."

 Percy's group looked offended. Annabeth got up and said,

 "Geeya sue! Den mes kaleset illithio!"

Sorry guys, I don't know how to spell greek! Give me some hieroglyphics, then you've got a good chance they'll be right. But Greek? Nope!

 "You speak Greek?" the teacher asked.

Five of them responded yes (other then Jason, who apparently spoke some Greek but mainly Latin) and soon they all had a conversation going in Greek. The teacher would ask them questions about mythology, have one of us answer, then have one of them translate. It was kind of cool. I could not wait for the Egypt unit! It would be a walk in the park.

We went to our other electives and then P.E. I hate P.E. Apparently, we were swimming today. Percy, who had just done swimming as his elective, still looked happy to get back in the water. I went and changed into a swimsuit and came out. Thank goodness Carter actually made me read the list with supplies the school said we needed on the first day (against my strong opposition). Other wise, I'd have no goggles or a swim cap.

Anyways, I came out to find most of the girls, including me, in one-piece swimsuits, except for the ones who were the "popular" clique. They were all in too-small bikinis and trying to get the boys' attention. Most of them were going for Percy's. He had a very well defined six-pack and was really strong. About four out of six were going for his attention, while one was trying to get Jason's, and the other was trying to get Walt's. I walked over to Walt and he put his arm around me. The girl seemed to get the message, and walked over to Percy, who was starting to look uncomfortable. 

Meanwhile, Piper was casually punching and kicking a dummy the coach said we could practice boxing on while we waited for everyone. She punched the dummy so hard, it's head came off. She then walked over the Jason and grabbed his hand. He kissed her on the cheek, and the girl flirting with him backed away scarily fast. 

Now Percy had all six girls around him, and Annabeth was talking to Carter about her speaking Greek. I asked her if she was going to do anything about the girls flirting with Percy and she said in a flat tone, "No."

 "What?" I asked, confused.

 She flashed me a smile and said, "Percy will talk to them for a while, get bored, and call me over. Or coach will say time to get in the water, and Percy will be the first to dive in, splashing them in water. "

Just after she said that, Percy called her over, like clockwork, and she put up one finger to indicate she'd be there in a minute. About thirty seconds later, coach called everyone to get in the water, and Percy dove in. Not even a seconds hesitation. All the girls around him got splashed with so much water, it's like Percy made the water splash them. Like he was angry for at them for flirting with him or something. But that's impossible. It's just my imagination. Right?