Chapter 13

Annabeth Chase

I knew something was wrong with that English teacher. So when she took Percy, my suspicion was confirmed. She was a monster. Why else would she ask Percy, who probably masked all of our smells, since he was one of the most powerful demigods in the world, to go with her? I ran to my locker, grabbed my knife and Yankees cap from my backpack and walked to the classroom. What I heard shocked me. It had nothing to do with Percy, but I heard something. I was being followed! I caught a streak of light blue and the toe of a combat boot, and knew Sadie must be following me. I pretended not to notice and went to find Percy.

I walked into the English room, and there he was, having lunch with the teacher. They were laughing and talking, but Percy did not seem happy. I looked at him closely and saw his eyes. They told me what words couldn't. He was trapped. I looked around and put on my Yankees cap. I slowly made my way around Percy, to find that he was tied under the table. I slipped down and cut the rope keeping him tied to that chair. I then stuck Riptide in his hand and cut the second rope. He leapt out of his chair and uncapped Riptide. The monster backed away as Riptide's double edged, Celestial Bronze blade sprung out. Her eyes then bulged and her clothes melted into a body. Great. A fury!  These things seem to like Percy.

I texted Nico to get his butt over here or he would be sorry then took off my cap. I took out my dagger and stood next to Percy. Just then, Nico came charging in.

"Alecto?" he asked

"Nico. Good to see you. First off, your father wishes to meet with you, as does your sister, Bianca. Second, Hazel would like to meet with you. Lastly, this is none of your business so leave and let me kill this hero!" Alecto cackled.

"I'm afraid I can't let that happen, Alecto. Go back to the Underworld, tell father and Bianca I will be down there on Saturday, and leave Percy Jackson and our friends alone. Off with you!" Nico commanded.

Alecto stuck her leathery tongue out at Nico as she disappeared. Back to the Underworld as Nico commanded. I said thank you and we went back to lunch, When Sadie asked us where we'd been, I told her to find Percy. It technically wasn't a lie. Just not the whole truth. I decided to pull Sadie aside and question her.

"Sadie, can I speak to you?" I asked

(A/N Pretend Bianca never chose rebirth)