Chapter 12

Sadie Kane

I could not believe Carter thought he won! Blue whipped cream would taste like regular whipped cream, which is to say, DELICIOUS! I went to bed angry with him and planned to get him back. Not tomorrow, but eventually. He would regret messing we me!

Anyways, by the time we (well, I) got to school, it had already started. Of course, Carter had left earlier with Zia and was already there, and Walt ran a little ahead of me. I didn't care about being late. Who would the school call?

I got to school and walked into math class, where the teacher was attempting to get Percy to understand algebra. It wasn't working well.

"Ms. Kane! So glad you could join us! May I ask, where have you been?" She asked

"No you may not ask." I replied.

"Ms. Kane, I suggest you stow the attitude before I call your parents." She threatened.

"No thank you." I replied sarcastically.

"Sit down! I will be calling your parents after school." She screamed.

I slowly sat down and saw Carter shake his head in disbelief. I also saw him smile slightly, as if he could not wait to receive the call when we got home. Percy looked like he was trying not to smile, where as Leo was full out grinning. I decided I would enlist Leo's help of getting back Carter. That devilish smile looked like one that belonged to someone good at pranking

"Now, back to the lesson. You see, Mr. Jackson, you use a letter to replace a number that you do not know." The teacher tried explaining.

"Then why would you not just leave it blank? Why put in letters when this is math! Letters belong in English, not math!" Percy said, sounding confused.

"Mr. Jackson, did you not learn Algebra in your previous schools?" The teacher asked.

"Actually, I got expelled from most of my schools. In one I blew up a school bus, another made my class take a swim with sharks, in another I did not have the right 'groove' as the head master called it. The list goes on." Percy proudly stated.

The teacher seemed shocked by his answer, and did not speak again until class was over. We walked to English and had another long, boring class. Percy looked slightly wary about our new English teacher, as if she looked familiar and didn't like her. I mean, I could see why he wouldn't like her, she was pretty boring, but that look on his face suggested something else. I noticed him fiddling with a pen, never taking it out of his hand.

Finally, the bell rang and we went to lunch. We sat with them and started talking. This morning, we decided that we wouldn't say anything about demigods; only leave subtle hints, if any. I remembered I wanted to ask Annabeth something.

"Annabeth, what did our mythology teacher say in Greek yesterday, and what did you say back?"

"She said 'Great, I have to actually teach now. Stupid smart kids.' And I replied, 'Hey, do not call us stupid!' " She laughed.

"Well that was not very nice!" I said

We all laughed. Just then, Percy bit into a cookie.

"Ugh! This would taste so much better if it were blue!" He complained after spitting cookie all over Leo.

"Umm... Blue?" Walt asked.

"I like blue food. Don't judge." Percy said.

Hmmmm, I thought.

"Percy, have you had blue whipped cream?" I asked.

"Course I have, and it is DELICIOUS! Tastes better than regular whipped cream!" He declared.

"Ha!" I screamed in Carter's face.

Carter stuck his tongue out at me like a very mature person. Of course, I stuck my tongue out back at him, so I suppose I couldn't talk. I was still planning my revenge. Just then, because we were having a great time, the substitute English teacher walked in. Teachers ruin everything!

"Mr. Jackson, may I please speak to you?" she asked.

"Sure." He said to her. Then he added, "Be back in a minute guys."

After Percy left, Annabeth said she would be right back and ran out. I decided to follow. I told everyone I was going to the bathroom and walked out.