Chapter 14

Sade Kane

Maybe following Annabeth was not such a good idea. When I saw her pull a knife and a Yankees cap out of her backpack, I was worried and confused. Worried because of the knife, and confused as to why she had a baseball cap. I followed her down the halls to a room where Percy was having lunch with the teacher. He looked towards Annabeth and she nodded. She put on her baseball cap and disappeared! That was way better than Carter's sparky invisibility spell! Then Percy was suddenly out of his chair, holding a sword, and the teacher was a shrivelled bat-like thing. The Annabeth pulled out her phone, texted someone, and started fighting. I quickly dashed into the luckily nearby girl's washroom and watched as Nico rounded the corner. After he passed, I watched him say something to the hag and then she disappeared. I ran back to the Cafeteria and took my seat.

What was that thing? Why did it want Percy? Where did they get those weapons and that magic? How did Nico command that thing?

All these things ran through my head as I followed Annabeth out of the Cafeteria. We stopped in a dark and empty stairwell where Annabeth turned around and tightly gripped her knife.

"What did you see and why did you follow me?" She growled.

"I saw you go to your locker, get a knife and a baseball cap, find Percy, put on your cap and disappear, Percy leap through the air and hold a sword, the thing turn into a hag, you text someone, Nico run in and say something to the old hag and then her just disappear. I followed because my friends and I didn't think you were normal. We were right!" I told her.

"So. Are you just a clear-sighted mortal then? If so, do you know about the stuff you see?" She asked.

"I'm not mortal."

At that statement, she brandished her dagger and looked close to stabbing me.

"Gods. That sounded quite monster-y, didn't it? Sorry. I'm a magician in the House of Life, and I'm going to guess you're a demigods. We should get together and talk. But not at my place. It's heavily enchanted to keep out Gods, and I don't know how it will like half-gods. Your place?" I said.

"Ok. I don't understand most of what you said, but yes, come to my place after school. We'll walk you home. Well, Nico might find his own way home, but I'll walk with you. See you there." She told me.

She then walked away without another word.

A/N Sorry for not updating the past couple weeks. I've really busy, but I've got it up now! Hope you liked it, and I am open to constructive criticism, but please don't just totally trash my work! Also sorry for the short chapter.

But thanks for reading

-Andrea a.k.a. SilentHuntress24