Chapter 11

Piper Mclean

Today was a breeze. I was sitting in my apartment, waiting for my friends. We were having dinner in my apartment, and then going to check out each other's. Just as I finished setting the dining room table, the doorbell rang. I put down the fork and went to the door, opening it to reveal Jason. I let him in and he went straight for the couch. The fashion channel was on, since Aphrodite thought that would be fun to put on, and I never bothered to change it. Jason changed it to the Avengers.

"Seriously? You've seen that movie about twenty times with Percy. How many more times are you going to watch it?" I demanded.

He obviously wasn't listening to me because he responded with,

"Get a plunger and then attack with it."

What the Hades? Did he think I asked him about a killer toilet? I was about to go steal the remote when the doorbell rang. Percy and Annabeth were both waiting out there, holding hands. As soon as Percy walked in, he dropped Annabeth's hand and plopped himself on the couch next to Jason.

"Percy! We just got here! Plus, you've seen that movie a bazillion times! Come be social!" Annabeth screamed.

"She just tapped her shoes and went home." He replied.

"Was he referring to the Wizard of Oz?" Annabeth asked.

"I think. It's ok. Jason told me to get a plunger and attack. Like it was a killer toilet or something."

Annabeth laughed and got the door for me when it rang. She opened it to Nico and Leo. They walked in, said hello, and then sat on the couch. Honestly, what was it with the Avengers and boys? I'd seen it with Jason about five times, and it was just same the first time as the fifth. I did not understand how they could still enjoy it so much, no matter how good a movie it was.

"Boys." Annabeth muttered.

Annabeth and I came up with a plan. We looked at each other and went, 1, 2, 3,

"AHHHHH! Hellhound!" Annabeth and I screamed.

"Great, its right there." Leo responded.

"So much for that plan." Annabeth said.

Wait! I had a brilliant plan!

"You know what boys enjoy more than Avengers? FOOD!" I said

I told Annabeth my plan and she laughed. I finished cooking dinner and set it on the table. Annabeth and I ate our meal in peace, while the boys oohd and ahhd at the Avengers. When we were finished, Annabeth called Mrs. O'Leary. I then directed to her to Percy's food and shouted,

"Boys, Mrs. O'Leary is stealing your food!"

That got their attention. Annabeth and I jumped out of the way as the boys leapt over the back of the couch and charged to the table. It was quite funny to see, since Jason had grabbed a hammer from my coffee table (no clue why it as there!), Leo was wearing a suit he designed and was testing, Nico was wearing a shirt with a Captain America shield, and Percy was wearing a green shirt. Annabeth and I grabbed a picture of the "Avengers" and laughed as they jumped into their seats and gobbled down there food. We grabbed the TV remote, turned off the Avengers, and hid it in my bedroom.

"Ha! I ate it first! Mrs. O'Leary didn't eat it!" Percy said triumphantly.

Only then did he realize Annabeth and I were laughing and the TV was off.

"Wise Girl, you are an evil genius. You to Piper." Percy said.

"Your fault for being a Seaweed Brain and ignoring me." Annabeth responded.

The boys apologized to us and we had a nice night after that. Everyone else's apartments were cool, with Leo's workshop, Percy's indoor swimming pool, Annabeth's huge library, Nico's graveyard room (though that one creeps me out) and Jason's indoor skydiving room. Our parents even left us each a spot to I.M. (Iris message.) Along with the apartment, we got a huge stack of gold Drachma and Hephaestus left us Demigod safe electronics (designed by Leo) so we could contact each other with that. This was the life.

After I got home, I went to bed.