I.

March 22nd , 1998.
8:35 p.m.
Tijuana, Mexico.

" 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚖𝚎. "

~

Everyone was out tonight. It was the second to last day of the Spring Break tour in Mexico, and the whole DeGrate Record team had came out in full support. The final show had finished about an hour ago, and now everyone was enjoying their time at the after party at a private villa that was rented here in Mexico.

Devante was sitting calmly at the bar, chopping it up with Chance and a few others. He a few light shots of Dussé, but other than he was fine. He wasn't like Drea or Cedric, who were head over heels drunk. He would've been on one like them or even dancing like his brother and Tionne were, but he had to be cautioned, as his arm was still healing from getting shot back in December.

That time, was one that wouldn't forget. Not only did it mess him physically, but it scarred him mentally as well. Devante was flat out depressed. He wasn't the "lay in the bed all the day, don't shower for weeks" type of depressed. He was more of a "fake it like you're okay and stress while you're at it" depressed.

His mind was all over the place, and he too many things he had to focus on. His mind was still deranged like that, although it wasn't as severe as it was earlier on. He had a music label to run, he had to worry about rehabbing his arm back to full health, he had to care for his nearly 9 month pregnant fiancé, and he hadn't forgot about the people they stabbed him in his back.

He had a notepad full of things to worry about— but he was taking things one step at a time, and was suprisingly patient with it all.

He kept his eyes firm on his fiancé, who was sitting in a booth with Sandra and her cousin Jackie. Helena, who was Chance's girlfriend, was sitting there as well, and they all seemed to be having a good time.

Devante was all cool with it, but the more he glanced at the woman, the more he begin to want her for himself. He stood out of his chair, taking in another shot as he glanced at Brandy.

" Girl, why don't you get a midwife? That's what my roommate did. It's a pretty settling experience..."

" Jackie, that would be nice if I didn't have to push two babies out." Brandy said as she chuckled. " I'm definitely gonna need epidural, I just know it."

" I doubt that B...I mean, you've had your cervix beat out the frame and shit. I think you'll be just fine." Sandra says, making the other girls including herself laugh.