IV.

May 7th , 1998.
11:42 a.m.
Los Angeles, CA.

" 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚊 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚘𝚗 𝚞𝚙, 𝚗𝚘𝚠!"

~

The day was a bit cloudy and the temperature had cool, but that was relieving for the people of South Central. The past few weeks had been terrorizing when speaking of the heat that had to be dealt, so the decreasing change in weather was better than good.

Brandy sat in the passenger seat, her back turned as she glanced in the backseat at her two kids. They seemed to be in a good mood, looking pure and as innocent as ever. She glanced over at Devante, who she spotted peering in through the rear view mirror. He had a grin on his face as he looked back at his kids. He glanced over at his Brandy, putting his hand on her thigh. The family was just coming the doctors office, having a lengthy appointment.

"...So, are you gonna stay with the kids and I? Or are you gonna head over to the studio?"

" I told you baby...I can't stay with you all. I got a meet up with a potential signee and need to have a meeting with the board members about finances." Devante answered. He immediately sensed the body language shift in Brandy, and that ticked him off.

" What's with you B? Huh?"

" What? All I did was nod!"

" Yeah, but you ain't have to do all that huffin' and puffin' while you were nodding! Damn, I just spent my whole entire morning with you guys!"

" Devante, I didn't say anything bad about not being able to hang with us! All I did was ask a fucking question, so I do not understand why you're so hot!"

Devante smacked his lips, side eyeing the woman. His foot became heavy on the gas, and he turned up the music a bit.

" Devante, you don't have to go that fucking fast!"

" B, I'm on the highway? What the fuck do you mean? You want me to go 40 and get pulled over?"

" You don't have go 20 over the limit, now do you?"

" We're in California Brandy, not fuckin' Kansas or some shit!!!"

The woman shook her head and sighed, looking back at her kids once again. They were okay, so that calmed her down in a way, especially since her nerves were edging at her at a constant.

Soon, the family arrived at their home. It was only them at the house, as Chance's car wasn't to be seen in the driveway. Devante got out of the car, not allowing for Brandy to help him take out of the kids. The only thing she did was open the door to the garage.