IX.

June 6th, 1998.
4:35 p.m.
East Los Angeles, CA.

" 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚢 𝚠𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚌𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚜, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚋𝚕𝚎𝚖𝚜 𝚠𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚎."

~

~

"Ouu, this is nice!!!" the woman said aloud, trying out another new feature that was placed in her new car. Brandy wasn't quite sure how anything in the car, other than driving it— but she was figuring it out, and she was liking what she'd discovered so far.

She spent her day on her own, which was rare nowadays, but she spent it gracefully. It was a self care day, as she took the time to journal, manage her small but growing business, and got all off her hygienic matters done. On top of that, she was able to go and visit her favorite tea place, one that she loved from her childhood days.

As of now, she was on her way to Mitch's house to pick up the kids. He wanted a day with them and he got it, as she and Devante approved of it. His schedule was fairly a lot, as he was getting things in place as Jodeci was en route to make a comeback.

Like always, Mitch's driveway was full of parked high end cars. Luckily, Brandy was able to find a reasonable park despite her having to walk quite a distance to get to Mitch's front door.

" What up lul' sis?" Brandy spotted her brother on the couch chilled out, having Devyn on his chest and Blaze in the rocker. The man looked worn out, which was a feeling that Brandy could much relate too.

Aside from the forefront view of Mitch, she could hear the chatter and music that was ongoing from afar, assuming that it was coming from Mitch's huge in house studio and lounge room.

" You got company?"

" Yeah, your kid invited them..." Mitch says, sounding tired. "Dev and I are just tryna get some sleep, but Blaze had other plans..."

Brandy rolled her eyes, taking Blaze from the rocker he sat in. The baby started to fuse, building up what was about to become a cry.

" Aye, you messin' the vibe B. Blaze ain't ready for his party to be over!"

" Mitch, stop saying that."

" Look, go in the kitchen and make yourself a plate or something...I know you gotta couple minutes to spare. You can chat with your big brother."

Brandy took the man up on his apparent offer, going in and making herself a small plate. She sat down across from her brother, sitting down in a sofa chair with Blaze in her lap.