VIII.

same following day...
10:39 p.m.
Hampton, Virginia.

" 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚛𝚔 𝚒𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕, 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚔 𝚒𝚝'𝚕𝚕 𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕."

~

Devante paced around the front of the club venue, a blunt laying between his fingers. Chance was outside with him, and so was his brother. Both men hadn't said anything to the man, as it evident that silent rage was bubbling through Devante's veins.

"That motherfucka's really got the audacity man..." Devante spoke aloud. " He's really out here?"

" I saw him waiting in a car back at the hotel...I don't know why, or what for."

" You should've sat and waited to see man." Devante voiced at Chance. " You know what the deal is when it comes to the this shit man. He's a threat."

" Look, I wasn't canceling my cab ride over here. Especially at the price that I paid. When is it ever gonna be $4 for a 20 minute ride again? We'll never know."

Dalvin sighed at Chance's attempt to shed light, knowing that his younger brother's temper was unpredictable. He stood up from leaning back on wall, standing up straight.

" Look De, I don't think you need to go out and hunt this nigga down. I think it's best we just do the math and figure out his whereabouts. It'll be easier that way, especially since it's not the nigga's first time being on some shit like this." Dalvin expressed, his end statement referring to the information Chance had recently revealed to them about the trip what to Mexico. That too, bothered the man as well, which made Chance irritable to Devante.

" Why don't we head out from this place and try to connect the pieces back at the hotel?" Dalvin proposed. Devante was down for the idea, and so was Chance.

" Let's head out then."

" What about everyone else?" Chance said. " We just gon' leave B and nem' here?"

" Why so worried about my woman for nigga? Ain't we suppose to handling business?"

" Damn, I'm just looking out De...you need to chill the fuck out, for real man!" Chance snapped back, not liking how the man was coming at him.

The two male friends were about to butt heads as they sized each other up, despite of Dalvin being in the middle, but the two paused a group of people came out of the club venue.
That group consisted of Cedric, Sandra, and the rest of everybody else. Devante laid eyes on with Brandy, who had a terribly anxious look on her face.