Wash Day

This is dedicated to my natural haired girlies and the frustration that comes on wash day lol. Short imagine also

-

Taking your silk bonnet off, your hair that's been in a bun for the last three days popped out. Washing your hair was like a chore, which you only did every two weeks or three, depending on the mood you were in.

The cold water started to come from the kitchen faucet, throwing your old shirt over your shoulder, you stuck your head under the water to get it wet.

"What are you doing?" Jack asked tickling your side. You jumped in surprise making water go everywhere.

"Washing my hair."

"Can I help?" You thought it over, you didn't like washing your own hair and you could use the help, make it easier on yourself.

"Yes please. Get the shampoo and massage it into my hair." He squeezed the shampoo on his hands and just smacked your hair with the shampoo covered hands.

"Jack, I said massage not pet it like it's an animal you're scared of. Dig your fingers into my scalp." He cautiously scratched your scalp with his fingers.

"Like this? I don't want to hurt you."

"Yes, now do the back too

"Yes, now do the back too." His fingers moved to the back of your head and started cat scratching it.

Washing the shampoo out, you told him to do it a second time. Jack wasn't doing the best, but he was trying and you couldn't get made at that.

Now it was time for the conditioner and detangling your hair.

"How do I do this?" Jack was holding the comb while you sat between his legs on the floor. Your hair was in four sections so it was easier for him.

"Start at the back and untwist it," You felt him undoing the twist. "Now comb gently from the ends to the roots. Have to get all the knots out." He yanked the shit out of your hair.

"Ouch! I said gently, babe! Gently." muttering a sorry, he started over and got the hang of it after a while. Jack went and got a plastic bag for you so you could deep condition for the next hour.

"What do you do now?" You were sitting on the floor still. Turning the timer on your phone on, the idea to make brownies popped into your head.

"Let's make brownies." The water mixed with conditioner started dripping down your neck. Using the shirt, you wiped it away.

You got the box of brownie mix out and Jack got the other ingredients.

"I don't want that stuff dripping into the mix." He said watching it drip down your neck.

"It's not going to."

-

I've been writing this since February lmao n just decided to post it FINALLY.

I made a tumblr for Jack @ harlowbaddies . i'm gonna start writing short blurbs on it and just use Wattpad for the long imagines. The last time i wrote on tumblr was 7 years ago and it was for shawn mendes lmao.

Peace & Love ❤️