Simple Gift

I opened a rift and hopped through it, only to see that the traveler was talking to a tall, strange man.

Aether "Thank you for saving our skin, Thoma!"

Paimon "Yeah! We had someone else here with us, but they just vanished as soon as we got here!"

Thoma "Well, maybe they got onto the island first because of their excitement and you just didn't see them leave. But, if you are that worried, we can have the Yashiro commission be on the lookout for this person. Can you tell me what they look like?"

Paimon "Oh! Well, she looks like..."

They...seem to be getting on just fine, what was I worried about? This is the Honorary Knight of Favonius.

Zagan "Well I guess that everything is alright here. I could go back to Liyue or warp to Mondstadt, but I would feel back for using them like this."

I had thought about if for a bit, and I had got a bright idea. I had clasped my hands together to form a button of compressed time. When the button is pressed, time will stop, and I will be summoned, well...to them it would seem like I have been summoned. Hopefully they like it. I walk around from the corner to greet them as the man named Thoma left.

Zagan "Oh, hey you two!"

Paimon "There you are! We've been looking for you! Where did you run off too?!"

Zagan "Sorry! Sorry! I was distracted by a cooling plant!"

Paimon "A plant? Wait, you didn't eat it did you?"

Zagan "Oh come on, I broke that habit of mine a while ago, cut me some slack!"

I then show them the button and handed it to them.

Zagan "Here's a little something from me, it's a gift."

Paimon "Uh...What is it?"

Zagan "Well, it's a button."

Paimon "Paimon can see that! But what can it do?"

Zagan "It can be used to summon me, but please only use it in necessary situations."

Aether "Alright thanks! So, does that mean that you aren't going to be with us?

Zagan "Temporarily, I just have some digging that I need to do."

I raised my hand as a signal to tell them goodbye, I then made a small portal and hopped through it to Mondstadt, and akwardly enough, I was on the top of a random house.

Zagan "Huh, I think my placement is a bit off."

I dropped down from the building and landed in front of...a general store?

??? "Oh, uh, hello there! Would you like to buy some goods?

Zagan "Hm? No no no, I was just uh...window shopping?"

??? "Window shopping from the roof?"

Zagan "Uh, yes! Oh, but would you look at the time, I have to go!"

I stiffly walk away at a fast pace, but even I know that is looks insanely suspicious. After I had turned a corner and didn't see her in my view anymore, I had leaned against a wall.

Zagan "Phew...Why was I acting so suspicious? I need to calm down."

I slowly sit down on the ground and looked up at the bright blue sky. My hands were slightly shaking.

Zagan "Why am I so nervous? I met Aether and Paimon just fine, so why is it that I can't handle a normal conversation with a normal human being? I'm surprised that Kazuha and Beidou didn't see my hands shaking when I was talking to them."

??? "Um...Excuse me, are you okay?"

My eyes spring upwards to see a blond-haired girl, in what seems like nuns clothing. My hands begin to shake again.

??? "You seem to be scared; you're shaking."

Her hand touches mine hand and for a brief moment, I felt the warmth of her hand, but it was interrupted by the flashes and memories of the human people that I have countlessly killed. I instantly snatched my hand away from her and began to hyperventilate.

??? "It's okay! It's okay!"

This time she reaches for my hand and grips it firmly. I feel myself begin to panic and she can he it too. What do I do? Do I warp?! Do I cut off my hand?! Do I kill her?! No that won't solve anything! These thoughts kept rushing through my mind until...

??? "Don't worry! Mondstadt's Idol, Barbara, is here for you!"

Her name is Barbara? That's... a cute name...My breathing begins to slow down.

Barbara "If you need to, we can go to the church!"

Zagan "N-No, I'm new here to Mondstadt."

I think an old visitor is more like it. I claimed the lives of many across Teyvat, but Mondstadt had the most. I can still hear the voices of those that begged me to let them-

Barbara "Hello?"

Zagan "Ah! Huh? Y-Yes?"

Barbara "I asked, what is your name?"

Zagan "Oh, my name is Chronos."

Barbara "Well Chronos, let me be the first one to welcome you to Mondstadt! And since you are new here, that means you must visit the church!"

Zagan "Uh...sure..."

She pulls me up to my feet and takes me towards a cathedral like building, this must be the church. When we enter inside, my eyes are attracted to the high-quality details of the engravings on the wall and windows.

Barbara "So, what do you think Chronos?"

Zagan "It's...beautiful..."

The way the Sun's rays shine through the colored engraved windows.

Zagan "Is that Barbatos on that pane?"

Barbara "Oh why yes, it is! Also, I didn't ask this before, but where are you from?"

Zagan "Where I'm from? I'm from the neighboring nation Liyue. I've been there for a while."

Barbara "Really?! You came all the way from Liyue?! If you don't mind me asking, what was the reason for you coming here?"

Uh oh, I've gotta think of something! Anything!

Zagan "Uh...Just for fun, I guess? I just began walking and eventually I ended up here.

Barbara "That's amazing! But won't your parents be worried about you?"

Parents? She must think that I am around her age or a bit older.

Zagan "I... don't have relative that are alive anymore. I've been living on my own for a while now."

Barbara "I...I'm sorry. Please excuse my rudeness."

The only person I would think of as family, is Guizhong. Morax was more or less like a rival or a friend that's an enemy. But Guizhong treated me as if I was her daughter, and I was older than her. When you think about it, it's kind of embarrassing.

Zagan "Nah, don't be. I'm very proud of them and to have met them before they passed on."

I look down at my gloves and my clothes.

Barbara "That's the spirit!"