Chapter 1: Starting on a Monday

My name's Kyou Hitsoka. I moved to Takano in search for a job. I didn't get to go to college since my parents didn't have much money to pay my tuition. Three years ago, they perished in a car accident which lead to me inheriting their wealth.

Three days ago, I landed a job at a KFP here in Takano. Today's my first day, so I got up earlier than usual and took out my usual outfit from the cabinet, which was a long black coat, black jeans and black shoes. I didn't want to button up my jacket, but looking at my cabinet, there wasn't a single undershirt hanging.

"Meh," I said as I buttoned up my coat. I took a piece of breath mint from a bottle on the table and made my way out of my apartment. I walked out of the apatrtment complex and was greeted by the dim sky.

I took out my phone and googled the directions to the local KFP. I walked straight, as the directions told me. As soon as I had to make a right turn, I saw the establishment from the distance.

I sighed and began my journey to the establishment. It didn't take long until I reached the KFP.

I pulled out my phone and checked the time on it. It read 5:50 AM. I was pretty early, maybe a little too early.

I waited at the door for my boss to arrive. However, the loud growling of my stomach made waiting a little difficult. There wasn't any vending machine in sight, so there wasn't anyway I could get food for breakfast.

Rule number 1: Never skip breakfast. I didn't think it'd be this bad I clenched my stomach so hard as it grumbled. I was hunching down until I had to sit down next to doors of the KFP with a grumbling stomach.

"KIKERIKII~" The sudden outburst caused me to hit the back of my head on the wall. I rubbed the affected area on my head as I looked to see who made such outburst.

My eyes widened as I saw none other than the CEO of KFP, Takanashi Kiara. I immediately stood up and brushed off all the dirt from my coat. My face turned as red as beetroot because I was so embarrassed with what happened a few seconds ago.

"G-good morning... uhh... uhh," I was too embarrassed to finish my greeting. Kiara chuckled as I tried to find the right term to address her.

"You must be the new guy, right?" Kiara asked. "Call me Tenchou."

"Uhm right... Tenchou," I uttered. "If you don't mind me asking, why are you here?"

Kiara put a finger on her chin and thought really well to answer my question.

"The KFP here was newly built. So I wanted to make its opening weeks feel... why oospecial," Kiara gave me a smile and wink combo.

Kiara took off her red-orange beret, where a key was resting on her head. She grabbed the key and inserted it into the doors of the shop. Kiara pushed the doors open and there I saw the interior of where I'll be working at.

We both entered the KFP. It looked like a diner from where I was standing. The counter had the KFP's signature color scheme and everything else was neatly arranged.

Marvelling at the interior had to come to an end when my stomach grumbled louder. Kiara turned to me with an eyebrow raised.

"Uhm, I kinda skipped breakfast on my way here," I told Kiara as I sheepishly rubbed the back of my neck.

"That's ok! There's snacks in the break room," Kiara chirped. She went back to her cheery self in a matter of seconds after she heard my stomach grumble.

I casually walked to the kitchen area of the restaurant and entered a room with, "Break Room" labeled on its door. It was a small room with a couch and a ceiling fan. There was a vending machine and a water dispenser next to it. There was also a table with a basket of snacks on top of it.