Chapter 4: It's been a week

I got up from bed and went straight for the bathroom. I opened the faucet and splashed water all over my face to fully awake myself.

I looked at myself in the mirror; water droplets sliding down my face. I wiped my eyes with my hands before heading out the bathroom.

I went back into the bedroom to grab my coat and returned to the living room.

"Mornin' Kyou!" Ame greeted as she stirred a cup of coffee with a teaspoon.

"Morning!" I replied. "Mind tossing me an apple?"

Ame grabbed an apple from the fruit basket on her right side and tossed it over to me. I manage to catch the apple with both my hands and took a munch out of it.

I walked out of the apartment and used the poster to travel to the KFP quickly.

####

I looked through the doors and saw Kiara wiping the counter with a rag. I pushed the doors opened which caused Kiara's head to perk up.

"KIKERIKI!!! Good morning, Kyou~" Kiara greeted me with her usual greeting.

"Morning, Tenchou," I replied with a bright smile.

"I was about to call you but you're here now."

"Well, I guess I got lucky."

"Did you sleep well last night?"

"Thankfully, I was able to."

"Oh okay~"

I did my usual routine of changing into my uniform and going to the counter afterwards.

We stood for hours, watching potential customers walk by the KFP. It's been like this ever since I got the job, but I was kind of getting used to it.

The room was filled with awkward silence. Neither me nor Kiara dared to utter a single word. I gulped down and mustered up the courage to break the silence.

"Uhh... Tenchou... I got a question."

"Hm, What is it?"

"I've heard rumors about Takano's growing crime rate. And well, I find it weird that an island city like Takano would have such thing."

"I don't know how to answer that."

"It just seems weird that most of the people I've met are really kind and sweet-your friends, Tenchou."

"Oh uhm... thank you?"

"You know what, they're probably just rumors."

The day passed by quietly. It was the last conversation I had with Kiara all day.

####

Kiara closed and locked up the establishment at six o'clock. We said our goodbyes to each other and walked in different directions.

I went straight back to Ame's apartment. She was nowhere to be found in the living room. However, I could hear profanities and a couple of desk slams coming from her bedroom. I guess Ame's in the middle of a stream.

I sat down on the couch and casually turned the TV on.

"FUCKING HATE THAT GAME!!!" Ame storms out of her room and marched to the kitchen counter. She closed her eyes and massaged her temples. Ame let out a heavy sigh followed by a couple of gremlin-like screeching.

"You look like you need a vacation," I said.

Ame jumped from her seat and her mood immediately changed.

Crimes of the Island City (A Hololive Fanfiction) Vol. 1On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara