Chapter 13: This is war

A few days ago

Kishita's POV

"What do you mean they're all dead!?" I was fuming with anger as I heard about what went down at Haven Tavern through the phone.

"We saw police transporting a truckload of body bags, sir," the caller replied.

"God damn it! We are losing a lot of men. There is no way that one man, survived a bar full of our henchmen," I replied back. "It seems just like a repeat of back at home."

While talking on the phone, someone burst through the door of my office. It was a a man with blonde hair around their 30's. They had an eyepatch on their left eye.

"What the hell!?" I shouted. "Didn't your mother teach you to knock before entering!?"

"My apologies, sir. Bu-" the man was about to say.

"If it's about the bar, someone's told me already," I cut him off.

"Uhh no sir. I was going to say that our target is affiliated with someone else here in Takano," the man stated.

"Hm? Do tell..." I entertained his idea.

"Our tech team hacked into the front door camera of Takano's Grand Hotel to check out what happened after the police came. And we found out that our target is associated with the detective prodigy, Amelia Watson," the man explains.

"So why am I just learning about this? The incident at the hotel was weeks ago," I said.

"We had to verify if it really was the two of them. But we are 100% sure now, sir. Detective Watson is working with him," the guy concluded.

"Good work, Tamagi. I can see why my sister made you her right-hand man," I dismiss the guy, named Tamagi.

I grabbed a glass of whiskey on my table and looked out my window, pondering on how to get rid of this nuisance of a man once and for all.

As I took a sip from my drink, my phone rang. I picked up the phone and took the call.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Ryoumen... Where's the rest of my shipment?" The caller asked calmly.

"What shipment?" I asked again.

"My guinea pigs. The products that you and my representative bought together from that auction," the caller clarified. "Where are they?"

"You got a different representative in that auction. They spent a fuck ton of money, but for different purpose," I answered.

"What do you mean 'a different representative?'" The caller asked.

"The murderer of my sister when she was the godmother of our clan," I said. "He's here in Takano."

"Well take care of him then. I can't release a new product if I don't have anything to test it on," the caller demanded.

"Will do, Mr. Hakizura. I won't let you down," I assured him and hung up the call.

I sighed and took a sip from my drink. My men have proved useless in taking down this guy. I'll just have to kill him myself.

End of Flashback

Kyou's POV

Every direction of where I stood, a barrel of a gun was pointed at me and Ame. The pounding of Ame's heart was thunderous in my ears. The beads of sweat on her face were racing down her cheek. Our backs pressed against one another and our feet were frozen in place.