1

ROSALIE LOOKED at the woman from across the room. She took a few moments to build up her courage, before walking over, "do you mind if I ask how your meal is?" Rosalie asked.

"No, not at all. But I haven't tried it yet," Skye's eyes flickered over the woman in front of her. Taking a glance at those dark brown eyes, Skye swallowed. Damn, she's beautiful.

Rosalie ran the tip of her index finger over the silver of the necklace around her neck, causing Skye's eyes to follow her movements. There was something so beguiling about Rosalie's movements that engaged Skye's eyes with intensity, "then I'm sorry for interrupting you. Enjoy your meal," Rosalie said.

Skye's breathing had paused since Rosalie stepped in front of her. Her heart sprung inside of her chest, and her eyes, they couldn't look away, even if she wanted to. Skye responded, "you can sit with me. And I'll let you know what I think as I eat... if you want to, of course," she inhaled deeply, hoping that Rosalie would accept her offer.

"If you don't mind, I'd love to," Rosalie nodded. She was very curious to know what Skye thought of the food. They both smiled, as Rosalie sat down on the chair opposite Skye's—the two-seater fully occupied.

"I'm Skye, by the way."

Rosalie allowed her eyes to roam over the woman's facial features—light brown eyes and full, pink lips. Her red hair seemed to either be dyed, or the gorgeous woman in front of her was blessed with natural, red hair. Rosalie always had a thing for redheads, not that she would ever admit that to her brunette-haired fiancée, "I'm Rosalie."

Rosalie couldn't deny that the stranger was attractive, but she also had to remind herself that she just got engaged, and that Alex wouldn't appreciate her checking out other women, "such a beautiful name," Skye mentioned. Did I really just say that?

Rosalie gave a grateful smile, and brushed a strand of her hair behind her ear. She'd often wondered why people thought her name was beautiful. It originated from the word rose—beautiful—on the inside and out. But most forgot that roses have thorns, and Rosalie definitely had some sharp edges, "so Skye, how's your meal?" Rosalie placed her hands on the surface of the table, and crossed her ankles. She'd always found it difficult to cross her knees without feeling uncomfortable.

"It's named after you, isn't it?" Skye raised her brow, as she took a bite. She wondered if Rosalie was the owner of the restaurant, or maybe the chef.

Rosalie smiled, "the one and only," she grinned, "my fiancée thought that it would be a nice addition to the menu. I'm not sure it was necessary to be named after me."

Skye's fork almost slipped out of her hand, as she tried to hold back her disappointment. She should've known better than to think such a gorgeous woman was single.

Rosalie pursed her lips, and tilted her head to the side. There was something about the woman in front of her that intrigued her. Maybe, it was the shock that flushed Skye's entire face when she found out about the engagement, or the hesitance in her eyes to leave, "I only came over to ask about the meal, nothing else," Rosalie clarified.

Skye looked down at Rosalie's hands on the table, and noticed the ring on her finger. How didn't she before? Only God knows, "I apologize."

Rosalie sighed when she noticed her fiancée walking over, "Skye, this is Alex, my fiancée. This is Skye, babe," Rosalie introduced, her smile never faltering.

Skye felt a gigantic lump in her throat, as she looked at Alex. With an extremely deep inhale, she managed to speak without making a fool of herself, "it's nice to meet you, Alex."

"Likewise, Skye," Alex said.

The tension could be felt by all three women, and Rosalie's smile finally faltered. She muttered a profanity under her breath, as she noticed the frown on Alex's face. Skye sighed and looked down at her barely touched meal, her brown eyes missing those of a darker shade.