11

"YOU'RE BEING too hard on yourself, Bunny," Beth rubbed Rosalie's back, as they laid in bed together. Rosalie had called her whilst crying, and she immediately left work to head to the hotel room. Kaitlyn had gone outside to make a phone call, and had been giving Beth strange looks since she got there.

"Alex was so awful to me. I've never felt so embarrassed," Rosalie said, as she recalled all the things that Alex said to her.

Beth placed a kiss upon Rosalie's lips, and pulled her closer, "it'll be fine. Everything will be fine. I can't believe Alex would do that. The next time I see her, I won't hesitate to give her a..."

"You're so much like my mother," Rosalie sat up, and straddled Beth's lap. Her cheeks were red and puffy, and her eyes were constantly watering.

"I'm not sure what to say to that. You're not going to call me mommy when we make love, right?" Beth teased.

Rosalie slapped Beth's arm and chuckled. It was exactly what was needed to lighten the mood, as inappropriate as it was, "I can't say for certain. Does this mean that on Mother's Day I have to get two bouquets?" Rosalie asked.

Beth chuckled, "it would be nice, since you're my girlfriend now. I'd think you're obligated to treat me nice on Mother's Day."

Rosalie nodded and smiled widely. It made her so happy to think of spending holidays with Beth—Christmas, Thanksgiving, even Cinco de Mayo, "I'm falling for you... extremely hard," Rosalie confessed. She wasn't sure how Beth would react to it. But when her mother entered the room, and slammed the door behind her, she knew that they'd have to wait to talk about it, "what's wrong, Mum?" Rosalie moved off of Beth and stood.

Kaitlyn seemed upset—pissed, actually, "your ex-fiancée just outed you to the public. It's all over the bloody place. I've been receiving calls like crazy... dammit. Honey, I'm so sorry. But, it's time."

Rosalie groaned. She couldn't believe that Alex actually did that. What was she going to do? She didn't want to be recognized—not at all. Sure, she'd considered it, but it wasn't the right time, if there was ever a right time, "she could be telling a lie. Rumors spread so much and..."

"Remember the time someone claimed to be you, what happened to them? The paparazzi stalked them everywhere. You're like gold to magazines. Revealed secrets are what keeps them in bloody business," Kaitlyn's face was turning red. She wanted to give Alex a piece of her mind. Beth wanted to as well.

"You can hide out for a bit until you're ready to face the cameras. The trip is in a week anyway," Beth said. Rosalie had almost forgotten about the trip to Milan. She sighed, sank back into the bed, and into Beth's arms.

Kaitlyn watched her daughter's actions closely. The affection that the two shared brought warmth to her heart, but she was still worried. What mother wouldn't worry? "We need to leave this hotel now, before paparazzi make it here. Alex hasn't mentioned anything about your relationship. Probably an ego thing, but that doesn't mean that someone else won't."

"We can head to my cabin in Vermont before we head to Milan. Is there any way that you can push up the date for that private plane?" Beth asked.

Kaitlyn nodded and headed into the bathroom with her phone, "I'm so sorry for everything," Rosalie apologized, as her tears began to pour again. She felt like a wreck, and probably looked like one too.

"It's not that bad. You're not a celeb, right? If anyone approaches you, it's just for now. It'll wear off. Look, it's better this way. You won't have this secret on your shoulder any longer, and who gives a fuck what anyone has to say about you? You're beautiful whether you dress like a nineties cartoon character or not. And I'm falling for you too, Rosalie. So, please don't cry."