Chapter 10 : Multiverse 6 : Beyond the Ocean

"Yumi!" shouted Charlotte. The footsteps emerged from the second floor climbing down the stairs. A girl with Dark Black Hairs and deep blue eye appeared behind Charlotte with a childish smile.

"Yes mommy?" asked Yumi. Charlotte turned and pointed at the glass to milk.

"Drink it up. And no excuses." said Charlotte sternly. Yumi groaned. She picked up the glass and started drinking it.

"Hey mother..Can I ask you something?" asked Yumi. Charlotte smiled and nodded. 

"Who is Asta?" asked Yumi. Charlotte froze in her tracks and looked at her in shock. Her glare harden.

"Where did you learn that name?" asked Charlotte. Yumi shivered.

"F-Father was drunk and kept saying 'Asta' and 'Stupid Brat'." said Yumi. Charlotte rubbed her eye in frustration.

"Sorry for shouting like that Yumi..To answer your question..Asta is a boy from long time ago." said Charlotte.

"It's Yumi again!" cheered Vanessa. 

"She looks so cute! She definitely has sissy's eyes!" said Sol. Everyone agreed.

"Geez. You are father now..You can't drink in front a child." said Jack. Yami groaned.

"I am not. My alternative is.." said Yami.

"The reaction out of Asta's name was really usual." said Yuno. William nodded.

"She referred him as a boy from a long time ago." said Magna. 

"Did he do something again?" asked Jack.

"Well..Either he died or something bad happened." said Julius. Noelle panicked at Asta's death. Not again.

"Tell me about him! Was he popular!? Was he friends with Father!?" asked Yumi. Charlotte smiled.

"His name was Asta and he was from Hage." said Charlotte.

"Demon Skull Village!" said Yumi. Charlotte nodded.

"He joined Black Bulls under your father's captainship. And to be answer your question..He was popular. Even among Captain..Everyone knew who the boy was and Fugeleon was fond of him." said Charlotte.

"Fire Dragon Uncle!" said Yumi. Charlotte suppressed a giggle. She nodded.

"His relationship with your father..It is something I can't put hands on..But if I have to say..He was  like a son to Yami." said Charlotte.

"That makes him my Big Brother!" said Yumi. Charlotte nodded with a small smile.

"Now now..Don't you have to play with Uncle Finral?" said Charlotte. Yumi nodded excitedly and ran away outside base to play with Finral.

"What his magic?" asked Yumi.

"It was...Water magic." lied Charlotte. Yumi nodded and ran away from the base.

Charlotte sighed and sat on the sofa.

"Son huh?" asked Jack. Yami blushed and looked away while other were amused.

"Fire Dragon Uncle!" laughed Mereoleona as she playfully slapped Fuegelon's back.

"She lied about Asta's magic." said Nacht. Everyone eye widen as they forgot for a moment.

"That is actually strange. Why will sister lie about it?" asked Sol.

"Maybe she doesn't want Yumi to have information on Asta's magic. I mean..If something did happen..Everything about Asta is a big secret." said Yuno. Everyone nodded.

"That can be the case." said William.

Charlotte closed her eyes. The horrors of the Battle of Spade entered her mind. She pulled her sleeves revealing a small design on her wrist.

"What is that-"

"A devil summoning contract. She is a Devil Possessed." said Nacht. Everyone looked alerted on the topic.

"Charlotte has a Devil?" asked Dorothy. 

"Yes." said Nacht.

"Spade War.." said Yami. Everyone could feel his ominous tone.

The design glowed and Charlotte closed her eyes again. She was pulled into the Mindscape. It was Red in Color with A Devil in front of her.

"Asta sends his regards. He wished to know if Yami's and Yumi's condition." said Devil.

"They're fine. Yami if anything has gotten stronger. And Yumi is doing just fine.." said Charlotte.

"I see. I will take my lea-"

"Wait. Is Asta alright?" asked Charlotte.

"Yes. He is doing fine." said Devil.

"Is there anyway..I can meet him?" asked Charlotte.

"You do know that he is far right? He is beyond the Ocean. Far from Clover, Spade and Diamond or Heart." said Devil.

"I am pretty sure he can meet me through Devil's power." said Charlotte. The Devil was silent for a minute.

"Yes. He can. But don't push things now." said Devil. Charlotte nodded.

"Your Anti-magic is powerful..Asta has surpassed other Captains for sure.." said Charlotte.

"That he has. But remember..You and Asta can never be enemies. You both share dual contracts with me. And you possess same potential as Asta. The Anti-magic." said Devil.

Charlotte summoned Anti-Magic on her palms.

"I am aware." said Charlotte. Devil vanished away while Charlotte opened her eyes.

"That was Asta's Devil.." said Noelle.

"Yes." said Nacht.

"Can people have Dual Contracts?" asked Charlotte.

"Yes. A Devil can do it. I am surprised honestly..To think Charlotte will actually accept Anti-magic Devil.." said Nacht.

"He said Asta's strength has surpassed other Captains." said Fugeleon proudly. 

"Asta left Black Bulls then. He is on World Tour." said Noelle sacrificially.

"There must have been a reason for it." said Gauche.

"What actually happened in War?" asked Yami. He looked at Joe.

"Many things happened and Devils were defeated. Right after that..Asta faked his death. He left everything behind and ran away. He asked Charlotte to make a contract with his Devil as her Curse got out of hand. She accepted it." said Joe.

"Wait..So everyone thinks Asta is dead?" asked Finral in disbelieve. Joe nodded.

"Yes. In this Universe..Everyone think Asta is dead. Even Wizard King and Nacht. Only Charlotte knows truth about Asta. She keeps it quiet as Asta begged her to." said Joe.

"Why would he do that?" asked Vanessa ain demanding tone.

"He had his reasons." said Joe.