The Flight

7:03 am.

Gatensberg-Posten Headquarters, Göteborg.

The man that got out of a taxi walked smartly through the massive newspaper agency's gates, adorning a tight cobalt blue formal suit and a black tie that he pulled on to prevent from choking him.

He was greeted by some of his colleagues as he made his way past them. The first thing he did once he got to his office was drop his bag, letting out a sigh. He subconsciously ran his hand through his thick black hair, before taking out a metal container from his bag, taking a sip of the warm water that filled it to the brim.

Working as a journalist in the news and media industry for the past seven years of his life, he was used to the early morning bustle. He didn't need coffee like most folks, just a drink of warm water.

It had been a long road for Arvid Lundin to become stable in the industry.

After attaining his Masters in Journalism and minor degrees in Creative Writing and Psychology, he still found himself struggling to get decent work at any of the media companies he tried out for a job.

At twenty five, he had to venture into freelance writing to make a living. It was even tougher there, but he managed, taking up some other meager part-time jobs to feed himself.

He'd worked for some small local magazines before being employed by Gatensberg-Posten. A feat he attained, aged twenty nine years old. His luck showed by how he went from four figures a month to a steady five figure salary with nice incentives.

Having a look around his office, especially at the stacked desk full of files from different stories he had to work on, Arvid shook his head.

He would be taking a trip to Stockholm later in the day. It was a big moment to look forward to. He would be interviewing a renowned executive of a certain vehicles manufacturing company that was popular in the country.

But first of all, he had to get these stories done before then, or else the agency would be all over him.

No sooner had he taken a few sips of warm water did a blonde woman in a red suit walk into his office, dropping a file on his table. The impact threatened to knock over the stack of files that already rested on the table.

"Good morning, Arvid. I need you to get this story done too, we're almost behind schedule on it," said Penelope Jansson, Assistant Editor-in-Chief of the agency and his superior. "The other stories can wait-I need this one done before 8am."

"Thousands sign petition to have athlete arrested for slapping his dog?" Arvid stared with a raised eyebrow at Penelope. "That's the title?"

"Yup, it's international news. Some sports athlete is getting a lot of stick for that act of animal cruelty. Somewhere in the United Kingdom," said Penelope. "It's an interesting read, so Editor Axel told me to lay it on someone. Since you're always the most punctual, I figured why not?"

Arvid read through some of the details and data that had been gathered.

"Mathieu Doku...says here he has publicly apologized and even lost one of his sponsors," said Arvid. "Aren't the people being a little harsh by still wanting him locked up?"