Warnings That Shed Blood

Penelope Jansson sat in her office, letting out a sigh. It had been a very busy day for her. With Arvid absent, she had to take up some of the burden of writing articles...something she hadn't done in some time since her promotion.

Maja and the others were great writers too, but there were few that did Arvid's section with little errors as him.

Speaking of the man, she was expecting him soon. It was almost 4pm. Arvid had arrived back in the city from the interview with the Oslo executives.

She was even one of those in charge of editing the video. Vice-Manager Gerald aggressively took up the case that their branch should carry out any adjustments to the interview before it would be posted on the agency's online platforms on various sites and apps- seeing the interviewer came from their branch.

Rubbing her eyes due to the brightness of her screen, she yawned. There was still a little work to be done. But there was even more articles to write. That was one reason why she needed Arvid back at work as soon as he got get here.

After a while, she took it upon herself to call him.

"Hello, Mr. Lundin," said Penelope. "You seem to have enjoyed your trip so much. Maybe you're not interested in working with us anymore."

"I'll be there soon. Just trying to beat the traffic," said Arvid. He talked with so little enthusiasm that Penelope was caught off guard.

"Why so glum? Did something happen to you?"

"Just wasn't able to get enough rest, don't worry," said Arvid. "You can tell someone to drop my own portion of today's work at my office. I'll be there in five minutes."

"Hmm, okay," answered Penelope, unconvinced.

She had worked with Arvid long enough to know when something bothered him. The last time he'd sounded this disturbed was when he was facing eviction from his home- being overdue on his installments by five months that time.

His mom had been very sick and her medical bills which he paid had been enormous. He'd recently renovated and repainted his house too, so it had taken a lot out of his finances.

One of his friends eventually bailed him out of the conundrum though.

The point was that Arvid might have encountered a major problem again- that was what she was concerned about.

True to his words, Arvid arrived in roughly five minutes. Penelope had been about to send the final version of the edited interview video to Gerald when she heard the sound of applauds and greetings from the other employees.

Penelope stepped out of the office to see a good number of the staff, giving Arvid a good warm welcome.

Arvid Lundin managed a smile, waving back at everyone as he made his way to his office. This action surprised everyone, before a brunette with shaggy hair and a fade cut stopped him in his tracks.

"Not so fast, Arvid! Everyone took time off their work to welcome you. We've been here with you for some time and are happy for the progress you've made! It's not just a big deal with you, but for all of us. The interview means a lot to Gatensberg-Posten as a whole!"

"Jeffrey, I'm tired from the flight," said Arvid weakly, a faint smile on his face, continuing towards his 0ffice. "I really appreciate everyone's gesture, but I need rest."