Destined To Die

6: 58 am.
Göteborg.

It was a bright Tuesday morning in autumn...well, at least it was, until she received some news this morning that shook her completely.

Oh, goodness- everything was turning rather gloomy as seconds went by.

Maja Eriksson was currently sat in a red blouse and black skirt, with matching brown heels, her cornrow braid, stylishly packed in a bun- she had been ready to go to work.

That was until the person sitting in front of her had arrived. Maja eyed the white blonde head on a pixie cut that sat before her with a scrutinizing gaze.

She wore a white hoodie with long sleeves, hands shaky as she tried to gather herself.

This was Ebba- the same one that had gotten Arvid to write the article that now caused a huge threat his life.

Maja didn't know how but this woman had come all the way to Göteborg and found out where she lived.

It was just past six in the morning when she heard her apartment door bell go off. She'd just woken up, done her morning devotion (something she was still getting used to with her new lifestyle) and was getting ready for work when it rang.

She found Ebba at the door, who briefly introduced herself. Maja was still skeptical until she whispered in her ears the reason why she was in town on such short notice.

"Again, I am sorry for coming here like this...I actually found out about your address by hacking into Arvid's email and checking his contacts list on my way here," Ebba had her head in her hands. "I feel so ashamed."

"Forget that for now- are you completely sure of what you're telling me?" said Maja- though she wanted to know how Ebba had actually been able to do it. She had been the same one to give Arvid the link to a secret publishing site few knew about...her hacking his email wasn't that big of a surprise.

Maja had dealt with some kinds of people- they didn't show it openly, but they had a few skills up their sleeves...After hearing what Ebba had told her so far, she was edging more and more towards that category.

"I know it's hard to believe a complete stranger, but I swear I'm not lying to you!" said Ebba. "I was attacked in my home at the death of night by The Stone's men- barely escaped and boarded the first plane to Göteborg...caused me up to my last penny just to get to your place."

Ebba shook. finally taking her hands off her knees. Maja beheld her bruised, red fists and couldn't help but shiver- Ebba had certainly fought for her life, somehow remaining relatively unscathed.

"Are you sure The Stone might have gone after Arvid?"

"I have tried his number twice this morning as I got to the airport, using my second number," answered Ebba. "It keeps saying the number doesn't exist."

"Wait, let me call Patrik," said Maja. "He's the guy that helped Arvid leave the city. If the person Arvid is staying with doesn't get back to him, then I'll listen to everything you have to say."

It was fair to say Patrik was quick to pick the call. The two spoke at the same time.

"Pat, have you heard from Arvid?!"

"Maja, have you heard of the news?!"

Maja paused, glancing at Ebba...a feeling of unease ran through her body from hearing Patrik's words. The fact he was also hesitant to answer her questions wasn't a good sign.

"What news?"

"You know my friend, Priska? The one Arvid's staying with? Her neighbors reported that strange men visited her home at 2am in the morning," replied Patrik. "There were reported gunshots too. When the neighbors checked, no one was home...Priska's car was gone too."