Chapter 1-The Beginning of the End

No One's POV

Nightmare ran all the way home, Nightmare wasn't that concerned for Dream because his shift ends earlier than Nightmares.

Nightmare quickly rushed to the door and tried to unlock it, but due to his shaky hands he couldn't get the key to fit correctly "S-SHIT!" Nightmare yelled, he quickly grabbed his own hand to keep it from shaking and he unlocked the door.

Nightmare rushed in and quickly locked the door "NIGHTMARE!" Dream called out, hugging him. "You didn't get bit did you? Are you hurt?" Dream quickly asked, searching Nightmares body to see if he was hurt in any way. "I-Im fine.." Nightmare said, still shaking, nervous about what just happened "We won't last here very long. It's too dangerous. You should try to find things to take when we leave." "Dream. I know you know something. Tell me what's happening." "I will tell you when we leave.." Dream said, he watched far too many movies and shows to not know what's happening.

Nightmare sighed as he left to pack things. Dream went to his room to grab his old bag he used to use in high school, don't ask him why he keeps it not even he knows(I don't know why either, and I wrote this story!).

Nightmare eventually came out with new clothes and a empty bag, Dream guessed it was so he could store things later, Nightmare also had his skateboard on his back along with a turtleneck and those things you wear for protection (I forgot what they were called-)

This is what he was wearing, also if you read my other story you shouldn't be surprised at my bad drawing skills

"Why do you have-" Dream was then cut off by Noot "You know what's happening and you asked me if I got bit, if getting bit is something that is a main concern, I want to make sure I don't get bit." Nightmare said "Now explain." Dream sighed.

After explaining

Nights POV

"..." I couldn't believe what I just heard..people are turning into these zombie-like things? No..that would mean those poor kids..no...

Flashback

"Hellooo" "Hello again kids, let me guess, chocolate milkshake for William, tea for Jake, and coffee, extra cream, for Nick" Nightmare said "You know like basically everything!" Jake said "No I don't" Nightmare laughed softly as he started to do their orders "You always know what we want though!" William said "Heh, that's because you guys always order the exact same thing" Nightmare said, he had finished Williams already due to it being the easiest and fastest to make. "You're so cool Nightmare, I wish I was as smart as you!" Nightmare paused for a moment, did he just call him..cool? Nightmare smiled softly to himself as he continued their orders.

Flashback End

No...they can't be..why..? I didn't even notice I had tears streaming down my face until Dream wiped them away "It's going to be alright, I'll protect you..I promise." he said, I look up at him..he had DETERMINATION in his eyes..I smiled softly as I hug him. "I love you.." I whispered to him "I love you too" he said back.