Train Rides.

TW: light starvation ?
CW: Hunger, mention of bruise's
wordcount: 1007

Tubbo dragged the car up and down the window seal of the train. Quackity stared at boy, he felt like he was about to throw up. Just as the first time he left Schlatt. Tubbo's arm extends and retracts at each car noise he makes while kneeling on the seat. Quackity reaches in his bag to try and find something he can put over Tubbo, it was another cold night and they were cold but Quackity was too anxious to worry for himself. He was worried about Quackity and Sapnap. He left most of his belongings with Schlatt so he gently lifted Tubbo into his lap and wrapped his arms around his waist. He continued to use the toy car in the opposite direction.

"Mama," he lent his head info Quackity's chest to stay warm but nothing helped.
"How much longer?" Quackity sighed,
"about an hour.."
"Why do trains take so long?"
"They stop a lot,"
"I'm hungry."
"I know." He rubs the back of Tubbo's hair and contemplates getting of a nearer stop and going to a friends house to borrow their car, or ask for money for a cab.
"Cmon,"

He lifts the boy off and gets off at the suburb Sapnap's mum lives in, they were all very close and she thought of him like a son. He steps off the train to even colder air and he takes a sharp breath, that you can see like the heat that comes out of a kettle. A familiar sight to him, black tea with milk and honey. The steam just like his breath on a cold night, Tubbo letting out sharp breaths into Quackity's chest. All of a sudden the boy begins to cough, deep coughs only an sick child could make.
"Where are we?"
"We're gonna go to a close friends house and ask them to book a taxi for us, alright?"
"How f-" he was cut off by sharp coughs that brought tears to his eyes, his chest hurt badly and he was so cold already.

"2 more minutes," the older felt tears in his eyes, he was so vulnerable right now. Travelling in the middle of the night in a scary area in the cold and dark. He was afraid to inconvenience to Sapnap's Mum, he was going to wake her and make her panic, and with this child in his arms as well.

"Who is it?" she whispered against the door,
"Alex.." she recognised the voice immediately and opened the door quickly. She looked at the state of him, dirty clothes, pale, sick, bruised face, cuts everywhere. He was a complete mess.
"Baby, what happened? Come out of the cold." he shook his head fast. Her eyes travel straight to Toby but she says nothing about it.
"I just want to go home, can you book me a taxi, i'll pay you back. I just want to go home," he starts to cry. Tears run down his cheeks and he takes deep breaths that hurt his chest.
"Sweetheart there won't be any taxi's nearby, please. Come in and warm up and then ill give my car, sound good?" he nods and walks inside, Tubbo coughs very deeply again.

"Who's this?" she says while shutting the door,
"Toby," she smiles and opens the living room door, the fire already on. Tubbo lifts his head at the warmth.
"Toby, are you hungry?" she asks, he nods his head slowly, she smiles.
"What do you want to eat?"
"He'll have anything." Quackity says quietly, he stands by the fireplace and takes in the heat he has been longing for.
"How about you come with me and choose something?" Tubbo nods and at that, Quackity lowers him to the ground.

He follows the women who leads him into the kitchen, he didn't feel scared this time. He wasn't afraid because he trusted Quackity and he felt safe so why wouldn't Tubbo.
"I'll make you a cheese toastie but let me get you a treat so you can have something while you wait." She goes into the pantry and takes out two TimTams, next a cup, she pours milk in it and then places it in the microwave for 35 seconds. She prepares the toastie and places it in the heat press machine, the microwave beeps and she takes the milk out and looks at Tubbo.

"Take the biscuits and come back to the living room," she holds the milk until she is in the living room and then she sits it on the table where the small boy kneels. She holds up a TimTam and teaches him how to use it as a straw, something she learnt from Sapnap when he was young, around the same age.

They both ate their toasties while Leanne looked for clothes that would fit the younger,
she comes out with a beanie and a scarf but she couldn't find any warm pants, he was stuck in one of Quackity's boyfriends hoodie. Quackity barely ate. He felt uncomfortable but at home weirdly together. He looked at Tubbo who had finished his milk, biscuits and majority of the toasted cheese sandwich. Leanne returns and pulls the dark green beanie over the brunettes head.
"Nice meeting you Toby. Alex, honey can i talk to you quickly?"

"You're gonna be alright?"
"Yes, thank you so much."
"You call me tomorrow alright? The boys missed you a lot,"
"I know.. I'm sorry for waking you.."
"Shh.. I love you sweetheart. Alright. Just go home and get that sweet baby to bed."
"How will the car-"
"Worry about the car later."
"Love you," he hugs her tightly and rests his head on her shoulder.

"Were here.." The guilt hit Quackity as soon as he saw the lights in the house on, almost like they were waiting for him. Tubbo takes off his seat belt and they got out of the car slowly. Dragging their feet on the concrete like walking was a chore they reached the doorstep.