DALAWAMPU

NAGISING nalang ako sa tahimik at kulay puting kwarto kinaumagahan. I felt the pain in my head and body.

“Argh...” I groan because of hang over last night.

I don't have any idea what happened next. All I can remember is that me and my friends are just drinking. Having fun to ease the pain inside of me. After that, I totally passed out.

I saw an IV fluid on my right arm as I open my eyes.

“Honey.... you're awake! Kumusta ka na? Are you okay hm? Masakit ba ulo mo?” My suddenly ask me as she walk beside me.

Kaagad niyang sinapo ang pisngi ko.

“..c–can I have a glass of water m–mom.” Namamaos ang boses ko.

Napasapo ulit ako sa aking ulo ng kumirot iyon.

“Anak what are you doing to yourself?” She ask me worriedly as she handed me the glass of water.

I was about to drink the water as I felt something on my stomach.

“I think I'm gonna vomit mom..” I cover my mouth.

Mom immediately grab my IV as she suddenly guided me to the rest room. I almost hug the toilet bowl.

“Oh Jesus Christ....arrck!” Nanghihina akong sumandal sa pader.

“Honey naman...you okay? Here drink the water...” Mom wipe my sweat.

Nanghahapo akong hinahabol ang paghinga ko.

“We just have fun last night, mom.” I told her.

“...but it's not funny for us anak. Look at you right now. We're nervous last night because of what happened to you...” Mom is wiping my face.

“I'm sorry Mom...I just want to rest right now..” Still, my head is spinning and aching right now.

Darn, that beverage! That was so fucking hard huh!

My guided me back to the hospital bed. I didn't ask her anything.

“Before you rest, just eat muna anak. You need to drink medicine...” She said.

Bahagya kong iminulat ang mga mata ko.

“Am..am I pregnant Mom?” I tried to ask. She's looking at me intently.

“No, honey...we were just paranoid last night and we don't have any choice but to bring you here.” She explained.

Tila nabunutan naman ako ng tinik sa ako ng dibdib at nakahinga ng maluwag.

I started to eat kahit na wala akong ganang sumubo. I eat just 3 to 4 spoon of food pagkatapos ay ininom ko na ang gamot para naman gumaan ang pakiramdam ko.

“Rest now, honey. I'll call the doctor later kapag maayos ka na.” I nod at my mom and thank her.

Before I close my eyes, I suddenly felt her kiss in my temple.

Mariin kong nakagat ang aking labi. Dahil sa samu't saring nararamdaman ko sa ngayon. I tried to controlled my tears to fell. Mom doesn't have to saw my pain.

Because I don't want her to worry about me. She knew me as a brave and strong daughter.

Nakatulog ulit ako. Nagising nalang ako bandang alas dos ng hapon. And still, I have IV fluid on my right arm. But this time, my family is here and they are complete.