Chapter 2

Esmes POV:

TW mention of self harm :/

The amount of death glares I got this morning from the other maids really got to me. Just reminding me of my parents caused all the bad thoughts to enter my brain. I rushed to the maids bedchambers and into the bathroom. My mind was jumbled. Everything hurt. The reminder of my parents beating me caused my back to burn. Remembering the whipping and beating my back took. Each one worse than before. I grabbed the razor I hid in the little crack in the wall and slit my thighs. Watching the blood pour out of me calmed me. Knowing I deserved all of it. Each beating, each scar, each horrible word. I deserved it. Knowing the Lady and her daughters would smell my blood soon. I cleaned up. Heading back to my duties as if nothing happened.

It was now noon and that meant lunch. I wasn't very hungry so I skipped it and started cleaning the grand entryway. The quietness calmed my thoughts. Making me able to think clearly. I hummed whilst I mopped the floor. This was my favourite part of the castle. It was very eccentric and grand. I also love starting at the painting for hours on end getting lost in painting itself. Unbeknown to me, Lady Dimitrescu was standing by the stairs watching me work. Watching with concern in her eyes.

I some how managed to catch my thigh on a counter causing my wound to start bleeding again. "Fuck!" I shouted. Lady Dimitrescu ran down the stairs to make sure I was okay. "Draga mea, are you okay?" Shit she scared me. I didn't know she was so close to me. Covering my leg and stained uniform I replied, "Yes My Lady I am okay." She could obviously tell I was lying. "Why can i smell blood then sweetie?." I forgot she's a fucking vampire. "U-um i don't know My Lady. I really need to get going." I tried to race off but she had a firm grasp on my hand. Picking me up like I was nothing, she took me to her bedchambers. "I know something is wrong and you know I don't like lies so I'm going to find out myself sweetie." I am doomed. She's going to find out the secret I've been hiding for so long. She's definitely going to kill me after this. She hired a stupid mentally ill maid. She's not going to want me here. Im dead.

As soon as we arrived at her bedchambers, she sat me down on her bed. I have to say it's very comfy but now is not the time. "Can i take a look sweetie? I know you have injured yourself and I want to give it the proper care to make sure it doesn't get infected." I sigh in defeat, knowing I'm not going to win i let her have a look. "My Esme dear, why did you do this? What's going on in that little head of yours little one?" I know if I say something right now I'm going to ramble about my soppy life story and I don't want to do that. "I- U-um Im n-not ready to t-tell you yet." "That's okay little one I'm going to clean you up and make sure you're okay." I just nodded.

Once she was finished cleaning up my wounds, she held me in her arms just like a baby. I was getting pretty tired and just wanted a nap but I kept my eyes open as I don't want to annoy the lady. But then something came over me...