Chapter 4

The talks of a transport line with country A carried on steadily. In the past two months, Luo Yu successfully closed several business deals. Ruan Zheng and his Zhen Ting became quiet once more.

One day, Luo Yu asked Xing Licheng about it, so Xing Licheng started an investigation. This time, they finally got some results. 

Ruan Zheng had appeared in Laos three months ago. There had been an informant for the Ping City police present. He took a picture with a view of Ruan Zheng's back; Ruan Zheng had dyed his hair silvery-white. His body was covered by the back of the chair, so the only thing one could tell from the photo was that he was very pale.

This picture pa.s.sed through various hands before finally ending up with the Ping City police. The next day, Luo Yu walked in to find it lying on his desk. 

Luo Yu had stayed up late with Su Jiawen last night. Even now his mind was filled with the incomprehensible feeling Su Jiawen gave him in bed; it was always an itch in his heart. Luo Yu was glad that he was the one who had run into Su Jiawen and brought him home. Otherwise, someone as pure and soft as Su Jiawen would end up in a morgue sooner rather than later working at a place like White Nest.

Upon seeing the picture on the table and listening to Xing Licheng describe how the photo came to be, Luo Yu picked it up to examine closely. He asked Xing Licheng, "How can you confirm it's Ruan Zheng?"

"This person," Xing Licheng pointed at the man standing next to the male with white hair, "Is Zhen Ting's Jiang Qi. The undercover police agent heard Jiang Qi call him Ah Zheng."

"There's no picture of his face?" Luo Yu furrowed his brows. What was he supposed to be able to tell from a back.

Xing Licheng shook his head. "The agent said that if it weren't for them lowering their guard outside of the country and Jiang Qi calling Ruan Zheng by name, he wouldn't have thought this person was Ruan Zheng. He didn't pay attention to his appearance at first. When he realized, he only had time to sneak a picture of his back before being escorted out."

Luo Yu gazed at the picture. In it, Jiang Qi's posture was truly respectful. He pondered a bit, then asked, "Laos. Ruan Zheng wants to touch drugs?" 

Luo Yu and Ruan Zheng both had never dealt with drugs, but illegal substances could often be found in the clubs under He Yonggui's name. 

Before Xing Licheng could answer, Luo Yu rejected his own theory. "Not necessarily."

He put the photo off to the side and ordered Xing Licheng, "Get someone to keep a close eye on He Yonggui and Zhen Ting. It seems to me that someone is too greedy and the snake wants to swallow the elephant."

Xing Licheng nodded. Luo Yu released him to go work on what he needed to, then signed all the doc.u.ments needing signatures. Luo Yu asked Lu Yi, who was standing beside him, if he had any special schedules planned for tonight. 

Lu Yi had been whipped last time by Elder Song. Now, he was extra careful in his work. He looked at the planner again before saying, "There's a charity gala tonight, organized by Hai Sheng's CEO Lin."

Luo Yu had recently acquired a fresh new thing at home, so stopped his frequent visits to these parties. He looked at the invitation and suddenly thought of how Su Jiawen had only been to sea once in all the time Luo Yu had kept him locked up at home. He thought Su Jiawen was quite pitiful, so ordered, "Make a trip home for me and take Su Jiawen shopping for a new set of clothes. Get him cleaned up; I'm taking him with me to the gala tonight."

Lu Yi had seen Su Jiawen a couple of times at Luo Yu's house; they had even chatted a few times. Upon hearing Luo Yu tell him to go pick up that boy, he remembered how Su Jiawen often kept his head down when talking to him. Something in his heart twitched.