Chapter 10

While Luo Yu was dazed, Jiang Qi stole away the gun pointed at him and fired at the lock, then kicked the door open. The wound on his arm wouldn't stop bleeding. His face was pale.

Su Jiawen removed his gun too, and put it back in its holster. He grabbed Luo Yu's arms and made the other hold onto him. He asked, "Can you still walk?"

Luo Yu stared at Su Jiawen. He didn't say anything. Su Jiawen avoided his gaze, towing him forward. At least Luo Yu didn't try to resist. 

Coincidentally, the parking lot was right outside the door. Jiang Qi walked ahead and found an old-fashioned SUV. He waved at Su Jiawen and pointed at the car with his uninjured left hand. 

Su Jiawen dragged Luo Yu over and made Jiang Qi prop Luo Yu up. Then, he fired a direct shot into the car's gla.s.s window. 

The gla.s.s shattered. He reached a hand in and opened the car door before removing all the cushioning from the car seat and throwing it onto the ground. Finally, he crawled over to the back seat and unlocked the door. 

Jiang Qi urged, "Hurry, the soldiers He Yonggui hired are almost here."

Su Jiawen opened the car's back doors. Jiang Qi pushed Luo Yu in first; Luo Yu's leg wound was quite severe. He had lost a lot of blood, so his forehead was wet with cold sweat. But Jiang Qi wasn't much better off. The bullet he had taken to his right arm had been pretty serious too.

Su Jiawen had just pulled the live wire out when the soldiers pursuing them charged out of the emergency exit. Su Jiawen's eyes were sharp, so he quietly relayed, "Lie down!"

The car Jiang Qi had chosen was parked in the middle of the lot. It couldn't be spotted in a glance. A group of three soldiers were clearly wary of them too, because they stood in a tiny triangular formation and were approaching slowly. Su Jiawen leaned against the steering wheel and silently reached a hand out to open the car door.

His form was small, so he carefully pushed the door open a little and slipped out, then lightly closed the door behind him.  

Luo Yu was still pretty calm. He looked down at his own leg; when he looked up again, he found that Su Jiawen had disappeared. He immediately turned to stare at Jiang Qi.  

Jiang Qi could tell what he wanted to ask. He said, "You don't need to worry about him."

At this moment, gunshots rang out, but they came from the other end of the parking lot. The soldiers seemed to have discovered a shadow, so spun around and rushed in that direction. 

"He......" Luo Yu was ultimately still worried. His eyebrows were tightly furrowed together. If it weren't for the fact that he couldn't even lift his leg, he would've gotten out of the car long ago. "Only has eighteen bullets."

Jiang Qi knew whatever he said would be useless, so only shrugged. 

The gunshots stopped. Though the car no longer had a window, they were too far away to catch anything. They could only faintly hear the sounds of fighting. Luo Yu's heart pounded extremely quickly in his chest. Yet, his perked ears could only pick up the sound of a bone breaking and a few angry roars that followed. He couldn't hear Su Jiawen at all.

A few minutes later, Su Jiawen returned.

His light-colored jacket was spattered with blood and grime. There were three submachine guns on his shoulder. When he got on the car, he wordlessly threw the guns onto the pa.s.senger seat and slammed the door shut with a "peng". He continued to hotwire the car.

Luo Yu could only see that his previously pale knuckles were now slightly red.

"How many people left?" Su Jiawen suddenly asked.