Chapter 11

Ping City had extravagant dance parties every day, but a party like the one Mr. Wang had hosted this time, with Luo Yu, Ruang Zheng, and He Yonggui all in attendance, was truly the first and only.

The host,Wang Wenguang, came from Ping City's old money. He got along well with everyone and was obsessed with social gatherings. He also loved building relationships with the people he thought were worth it.

Because of Ruan Zheng's identity, every time he sent invitations to Zhen Ting, he would always write Ruan Zheng and Jiang Qi are cordially invited to attend together, even though Ruan Zheng had never attended before. This time, when Zhen Ting was confirming their seats, they had suddenly announced that Ruan Zheng would be coming. The secretary in charge of the event's coordination immediately reported this news to w.a.n.g Wenguang. w.a.n.g Wenguang had been so shocked his jaw had dropped open.

Not even half a day later, everyone knew Ruan Zheng would be coming to the party tonight. Several people who had originally not planned on attending hurriedly rushed back from out of town; everyone wanted to see what Ruan Zheng looked like. 

This was Ruan Zheng's first time attending a public party. He wore a low profile three piece suit and congenially smiled at the host standing across from him. 

"Ah Zheng, this is Mr. w.a.n.g," Jiang Qi introduced to Ruan Zheng.

Wang Wenguang and Ruan Zheng shook hands. In his head, he was suspicious as to why Ruan Zheng looked so young. Was this a fake?  

"Qi Zai," He Yonggui strolled in confidently through the door. His gaze fell on Jiang Qi and the person beside him. He acted like he knew nothing and winked at Jiang Qi. "Your new pet?"

Jiang Qi emotionlessly expressed, "This is Mr. Ruan."

He Yonggui's eyes widened. "Is that so? I thought he was a little master you picked up from White Nest."

The fact that he had hired people to ambush Luo Yu had been exposed with his failure. Though Luo Yu had yet to act against him, he knew that something was most definitely going to happen soon. However, He Yonggui wasn't scared at all, because he didn't have much time left to live anyways. Originally, he had wanted to prepare the road for his son's succession, but who knew that Luo Yu was so fortunate? He had survived and returned from country U. Now, He Yonggui had finished preparing an escape for his son. He wasn't scared of anything anymore.

Jiang Qi had jumped ship to Ruan Zheng's from under his command. He hadn't liked Ruan Zheng from very early on.

"Elder He," Ruan Zheng held a hand out to him, not caring what he thought. "How has your health been recently?"

He Yonggui's smile lessened. He shook hands with Ruan Zheng. "I'm fine, thanks for asking."

Ruan Zheng took his hand back and said, "That's for the best."

He Yonggui turned around and saw Luo Yu who was standing off in the distance. He had an idea. As if scared there wasn't enough conflict in the world, he said, "Isn't that Mr. Luo? Won't Mr. Ruan go say hi?"

Zhen Ting and Huan An's discordant relationship was old news. He Yonggui believed that the person Ruan Zheng hated the most was probably Luo Yu.  

Ruan Zheng turned his head to look at Luo Yu who was chatting with someone else. He lightly said, "I should go say hi."

Luo Yu had already seen Ruan Zheng. His original plan was to walk over and stand in a more obvious location, but he was called to a halt by Qi Ye.

He chatted with Qi Ye while focusing on Ruan Zheng with his peripheral vision. After a long conversation, Ruan Zheng finally approached them.