Chapter 8

Su Jiawen completely went off the grid.

He didn't go to school for the next half a month. His phone was out of service too. He got into Jiang Qi's car right under Luo Yu's eyes and never appeared again.

Luo Yu was like a frog in warm water. He had been pleased, acting like he was receiving all the benefits. He wanted Su Jiawen's adoration, but also wanted his own reputation.  

But the water slowly started heating up. When it pa.s.sed fifty degrees, he became panicked and distressed, unable to calm down again. Every time Luo Yu remembered how Su Jiawen had looked that day when he got the IV, his whole heart felt like it was tightly wrapped with chains and suspended high in the air, then poured over with boiling water.

He waited several weeks before he couldn't take it anymore. He forgot about his dignity and called Xing Licheng in, ordering him to contact Zhen Ting and find a way to get Su Jiawen back.

Jiang Qi picked up Xing Licheng's call, but this time, it was Luo Yu who had to beg him. Thus, he started acting c.o.c.ky. Today he refused to meet up, saying he was busy. The next day he refused to meet up, saying he was out of town. The day after that he also had another event planned. Basically, he wanted Luo Yu to wait. 

Finally, Luo Yu could only personally call Jiang Qi. 

Jiang Qi's a.s.sistant picked up on the other end. Luo Yu's expression was dark as he explained who he was. The a.s.sistant said Jiang Qi was in a meeting.  

Luo Yu waited two more hours before Jiang Qi called him back. 

He casually asked on the other side, "How come Mr. Luo has the time to find me?"

"It's CEO Jiang who is difficult to meet." Luo Yu tapped his fountain pen against the table out of habit.

Jiang Qi laughed carelessly, "Not as difficult as Mr. Luo. I remember when I was buying Su Jiawen from you, you ignored me for almost half a month."

"But didn't you ultimately still find me?" Luo Yu wasn't angry. Instead, he chided Jiang Qi, "If CEO Jiang is like this, that would be quite disrespectful to me."

Jiang Qi paused. He told Luo Yu to wait a bit, after which the sound of chains clinking together appeared. Luo Yu's heart dropped.  

A moment later, Luo Yu heard very soft moans coming through the phone. He also heard the sounds of skin slapping skin and Jiang Qi's pants. 

The person moaning was Su Jiawen. He sounded like he was in a lot of pain, or maybe it was only Luo Yu thinking that he should have been in pain. 

Su Jiawen would be in a lot of pain making love with anyone else——because the person he liked was Luo Yu.

Luo Yu calmly hung up. His hands quivered as he grabbed a cigarette off the table and put it in his mouth. He pulled out a lighter and held it to his lips, but couldn't get it to work despite trying several times. He ultimately gave up, squeezing the lighter and closing his eyes.

Xing Licheng stood outside, about to knock. But as soon as he heard a loud noise inside, he hurriedly turned the door handle and entered. The wall by Luo Yu's right hand was burnt black; there was thick smoke drifting from it. 

The smoke triggered the alarm and the high pressure sprinklers overhead turned on. They put out the sparks on the carpet, but also drowned all the decorations and electronics in the room. The luxurious top-floor office building became a huge mess.

Xing Licheng knew what must have happened after seeing the smoke in Luo Yu's hand. Luo Yu had definitely caused the lighter to combust after throwing it too hard. The room was in chaos, but Luo Yu seemed fairly composed. He picked up his half-soaked suit jacket and walked out the door.