Familiar People

Published: February, 2023
Edited: March, 2023 (Grammar/Spelling)

Spoken Na'vi will be in Italics
(AN: Also, if you see any spelling mistakes, kindly point them out by leaving a comment of where the mistake is. Please, and thank you!)

It had beens a few hours since Jake and Lizzie had set to try and make their way back to the compound. The sky had darkened, and the forrest had come alive. The gas giant Polyphemus was brighter from the sun's reflection, which provided some light, if any. Sounds of nocturnal animals bounced around the forrest, raising the anxienty of the siblings.

"We need to find a way to create some fire." Jake grumbled.

"No shit. There should be some trees with sap leaking out. We should be able to use the sap as an accelerant."

Lizzie's mood was beginning to decline the longer they spent time in the forrest. It didn't help that they barely had any weapons with them. She had managed to recover her bow further along the stream, but the other arrows were lost to the powerful river current. When they found the sap Lizzie had mentioned, Jake took his outer layer off, and tied it the other end of his spear. While he tried to light the sap, Lizzie notched her only arrow. Prepared to sacrifice herself to save her brother.

"If we live through this, you owe me big time." LIzzie mumbled.

Once Jake lit the sap, he swung it in an outward ark. Lighting up the shadows and creatures that surrounded him and his sister. Several canine-like animals where surrounding them. The siblings weaved through, and under many of the branch-like tree roots.

"We don't have all damn night!" Jake hissed at the animals.

"Jake, they're viper wolves! Be careful!" Lizzie warned.

When the animals leaped at the siblings, shit hit the fan. Lizzie fired her arrow, startling a few of the creatures, but not scarring them away. She used her bow as a makeshift staff, and charged at the creatures. Internally wincing as she hit them. She managed to scare a few away when she saw her brother get knocked to the ground. She kicked the creatures away, even managed to stun a few with a knock to the head. She turned to help her brother, before she too was knocked to the ground.

"JAKE! JAKE!"

She struggled with the viper wolf, receiving nicks and scratches on her arms and face in the process. Within the blink of an eye, the creature had an arrow in its' side. Tossing it aside, Lizzie looked up to see a Na'vi woman chasing off the creatures. Lizzie watched the woman stand guard of her and Jake. When the creatures were finally ran off, the Na'vi woman turned back, shielding her eyes from the light of the fire.

An ear piercing whine broke Lizzie's attention. The viper wolf whined, struggling to breathe.

"I am sorry, little one," Lizzie murmured, as she kneeled next to the animal. "This is not what I wanted. Please forgive me."

The animal looked her, as if it understood her, before breathing its' last breath. Tears gathered in her eyes, as Lizzie looked for the Na'vi woman. Said person was walking towards her, so Lizzie backed away. She looked for her brother, finding him stepping into a nearby stream to retrieve his spear.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Jake grumbled.

Lizzie was starting to wish she hadn't come on this trip. She turned back to the Na'vi woman, prepared to get yelled at, but stopped when she saw the forrest 'come alive'. Various plants glowed like they had been shoved under an ultraviolet light.