Ngäzìk (difficult)

*Spoken Na'vi will be italicized
Published Oct., 2023
Edited: November 2023 (grammar/detail)

When Lizzie woke up, she could tell something was wrong. She couldn't tell what it was. The air in the shack was calm, but heavy.

"Did something happen while I was asleep? The air feels....off." She asked, before shoving a fork full of food into her mouth.

"Nothing out of the ordinary." Trudy responded, as she laced her boots up.

LIzzie shook it off, finishing her food. Whatever the feeling was, it would have to be pushed to the back of her mind. Lizzie couldn't let it distract her.

◆~•|•~◆

Today's training was....rough. To say the least. Something, or someone had gotten under Tsu'tey skin. He was colder than usual, and only gave one word answers. Lizzie thought she could handle his mood. She had more than enough practice growing up with her brothers. It was a correct assumption for the most part. It wasn't until Tsu'tey had her doing target practice did she finally snap.

"NÌmun." (Again)

*thunk*

"NÌmun!"

Having had enough, Lizzie turned and glared at her teacher.

"Kehe." (No)

"You will do as I say." Tsu'tey ordered.

"I will not. You've been in a foul mood all day."

"I have not."

Lizzie rolled her eyes.

"Look, I have no idea on what upset you. But you need to leave it behind."

The two stood face-to-face, glaring at one another. They stood like that for a period of time before either of them spoke. Violet pursed her lips, before letting out a tired-sounding sigh.

"Whatever. Have it your way."

Lizzie left him standing in the practice area, missing the way Tsu'tey's ears drooped. Not sure what else she could do, Lizzie headed up the spiral. She placed her bow in her hammock, before finding a near by branch to sit on. She closed her eyes, and focused on the sounds around her.

She could hear children shrieking with laughter, the murmur of distant conversations, the rustling and creaking of the wind moving through Homtree's branches. She stayed like this for a bit, losing her herself to the calming sounds. It wasn't until the sound of someone sitting next to her, was she aware of her surroundings again.

Cracking her eyes open, she could see Tsu'tey sitting next to her. The two sat in silence for a bit, simply taking in scenery.

"You wanna tell me what was bothering you?" Lizzie asked.

"I do not wish to talk about it."

"If that's what you want."

The two sat in silence a bit longer, before Tsu'tey stood. He offered his hand, and Lizzie accepted it, using it to pull herself up.

"There is something I wish to show you."

Tsu'tey pulled her to the rookery, letting out a chirp. Ikran could be heard, rustling through the leaves. A steel blue ikran burst through the leaves, screeching as it landed before Tsu'tey.

"Do not look in his eye."

Lizzie averted her eyes, looking at Tsu'tey's back.

"His name is Säwem." (Fight)