Gathering & Weaving

Spoken Na'vi will be in Italics

The day after seemed to be not as exciting as Lizzie wanted. It was not, however, boring in the slightest. She spent the day going over what Na'vi words, and phrases she knew. Tsu'tey told Lizzie that from that point on, they would speak exclusively in Na'vi in order to further her fluency in the language.

When she told Grace about, it made Grace crack a smile.

"He was always one of my most efficient students. Stubborn, too. Barley spoke a word. I'm surprised you don't remember him."

"You'd think that I would."

The day after was a bit different. Tsu'tey wasn't able to spend the day teaching Lizzie, so he placed her in a groups' care for the day. Their names were Yana'ti, Hawftxou, Akwete, Mafrì, and Akwete's daughters Aru'lu and Ola'na. The group was hesitant at first, which Lizzie understood. She would be as well, if she were in their position. She swore she would do what they needed her to do.

Although they weren't fully conviced, the women took her with them to gather materials needed for various things the clan might need. It wasn't anywhere similar to Tsu'tey's teaching style. The group was stern, but kind. They taught her the names of each plant they gathered, and what the uses were for. They also taught her what to look for when coming across similar looking plants.

When it was time to return, each person carried basket filled with the needed supplies.

"Who do we give this to?" Lizzie inquired, adjusting her hold on the basket.

"We will take it, and weave many things the clan might need." Aru'lu explained as they reached what Lizzie assumed to be weavers' tent.

They spent the rest of the morning, and part of the afternoon making baskets, nets, and items to help repair people's hammocks, and tents. When they were done, Hawftxou granted her leave from the rest of the day. Though Lizzie resisted at first.

"Go. You have done your part for the day."

"Are you sure? I do not want to be useless to the clan than I already am." Lizzie insisted.

"I am. With your help, we were able to gather more than we normally would have."

Backing down, Lizzie went in search of her brother. She found him trying to ride a pa'li (direhorse).

"Jake, what are you doing?"

"What does it look like?" Jake grunted, placing a hand on his back as his stood up.

"It looks like you're going to fall on your ass again."

"Oh what, are you any better than me?"

"Much better. I haven't fallen off."

Jake looked at his sister with disbelief written across his face.

"Bullshit."

"It's true. I'd tell you to ask Tsu'tey, but he isn't here right now. You're just gonna have to take my word for it." Lizzie said, crossing her arms.

Jake opened his mouth to rebuttle when Neytiri walked over. Lizzie greeted her with a smile, before bringing her hand to her brow before bring it outward.

"My mother wishes to see you, tsmuktu." (sibling)

Lizzie nodded, parting ways with the two before heading to the healing tent. She found the Tsahík tending to a young child with her mother standing in the corner.

"What were you doing that caused this, hm?"

"I wanted to see the ikran."

The girl's mother let out a hiss of annoyance.

"Zuze, you know not to go near them. Not without me or your brother."

"But mother....."

"No."

Lizzie bit her lip to keep herself from from laughing. The kid reminded her so much of her younger self. Always wanting to see and touch things she wasn't supposed to. Once Mo'at was done cleaning the scrapes and scratches, she sent the girl and her mother on their way.

"You wanted to see me?"

"Heyn." (sit)

Doing as the Tsahík said, Lizzie sat infront of the older woman. Making sure she looked respectable.

"When you arrived with your brother, you said that you had achievements in many areas."

"I did."

"What do you do?"

"That depends. I have some basic first aid knowledge. I trained to a professional chef, at the same time I was training to become a teacher."

Mo'at seemed calm on the oustide, but the twitch of her ears gave away some sort of emotion.

"Why so many?"

"I would rather be efficent in many areas, the a master in one."

The older woman hummed in comtemplation. She eyed Lizzie a few more minutes, before reaching for a jar.

"This is a paste I use on scratches, and scrapes. What plant do you think came from?"

Mo'at uncorked the jar, and handed it to Lizzie. The younger woman brought it under nose, taking a good whiff. The aroma was woodsy, yet slightly floral.

"Yalna tanleng?" ((?)...bark (of a tree))

"Eywar. What about this one?" (Correct/Right)

The two spent the rest of the afternoon together, with Lizzie identifying the various pastes, salves, and liquids Mo'at had in her collection. When evening meal rolled around, Mo'at insisted that they sit next to her despite Lizzie's protests.

"Are you sure? I do not wish to make the others uncomfortable."

Mo'at clicked her tongue in a dismissal way.

"I do not care what others will think. I am Tsahík. They will have to, 'deal with it' as Grace Augustine once put it."

Lizzie let out a snort in amusement, hearing the older woman using a human phrase. There was no real difference in tonight's meal, than the previous nights. However it seemed more enjoyable, tastier even. She managed to engage in conversation with some of her former students, when they realized who she was.

Once the meal was done, Lizzie excused herself for the night. Promising the kids that she would eat with them the next morning. She quickly made her way up the central spiral, making her way towards the hammocks. As she layed in her hammock, looking at the night sky, she sent a quick prayer and thank you to Eywa for allowing her to be amongst the Omaticaya once more. She swore that she would do her best to not take the gift for granted.