chapter 3: a date?

Third person POV:

‘Today is the day of our dat- I mean hangout’ Aether thought to himself, absolutely beaming at the thought of spending an entire day with Xiao. He has waited for this day ever since they met, a day for just the two of them to get to know each other, it seems like pure bliss to Aether. He wanted to pick out his clothes by himself, but ended up having to call Lumine the day before.

Xiao on the other hand has planned out his outfit a week prior to their hangout. He was anticipating this for a while too, though not as long as Aether, they shared the same feeling about today.

 He was anticipating this for a while too, though not as long as Aether, they shared the same feeling about today

(Isn't amusement parks hot af, tf they wearing jackets for?- Krazylee)

‘Today is the day’

Xiao thought to himself as he walked over to Aether’s room. Xiao, still nervous as hell, opened the door to see Aether sitting on his bed blushing and fidgeting his fingers. "Are you ready?" Xiao says suddenly, catching Aether off guard "Oh...heh...yeah I'm ready" The blonde said with an awkward smile on his face.

The two soon arrived at the amusement park, Aether absolutely amazed at how beautiful it was. He's never been to an amusement park before, he never had anyone he could bring with him, but he's glad that he went for the first time with Xiao.

Xiao caught Aether sneaking glances at a teddy bear for a while and decided to ask "do you want that?" This surprised the blonde a bit "wha- oh yea but I'm bad at this kind stuff so we can just-" before the blonde realized it, Xiao had already won the prize for him "Here, take it as a token of appreciation" it was a simple deed, but it left Aether speechless before he started thanking his crush profusely.

They reached the first ride, a rollercoaster, just looking at it made Aether scared and of course Xiao got worried "If you're scared we can just go on another ride-" he was about to say, only to get cut off by the other "No! I'm fine with it, don't worry!"

Once they got on the ride Aether thought that it would be alright because it's going relatively slow, but he noticed that it started going faster and faster by the second. At some point they were 50 feet up in the sky. Aether gulped as he realizes there's a huge fall after that, as soon as they started dropping down Aether started screaming at the top of his lungs "HOLY FUCK- AAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Just as Aether thought it was the end, another drop came, "OH HELL NO- LET ME OUT, I'M TOO YOUNG TO DIE!" and basically the rest of the 5 mins ride was Aether cursing and swearing so loud that the parents at the park had to cover their kids ears.

(Boba darling, do the rest. I'm lazy - Krazylee)

They went on a few other rides, Aether beaming, acting like a child, while Xiao was right next to him, smiling fondly at the blonde.

(Did they just forget the entire shouting?-Krazylee)
(shhhh Xiao was busy staring at Aether the whole time - artboba)

They arrived at the last attraction, the haunted house. As they walked in shivers went through their spines “It’s not that scary!” Aether said as he walked into a room smiling confidently, after a few seconds Xiao saw him bolting out of the room into his arms with small tears forming in his eyes “HOLY FUCKING SHIT XIAO XIAO DON’T DO IN THERE IT’S SO FUCKING SCARY” Aether says impulsively, making the other blush ‘Xiao Xiao’ he thought, it was the first time someone gave him a nickname. (aside from Childe calling him an emo demon of course)

(Kyle love, pls help im braindead rn - artboba)
(Yess-Krazylee)

Xiao stepped forward with Aether still holding onto him, both trembling with every step. Suddenly a staff member dressed as a zombie came out of the closet (be who you are for your pride-) “ACK- FUCK LET’S RUN” Aether screamed, holding Xiao by the hand tightly as they ran, the two are screaming their shit, accidentally hitting a few employees on the way.

After they (barely) completed the haunted house, they ended up having to pay for all of the things they broke, but it's fine because Xiao was rich enough.

(Btw I got scolded for writing only two words to complete this paragraph, I was lazy- Krazylee)

At sunset, they were seated at a bench in an area secluded from the rest of the amusement park. The two were chatting as usual, when Xiao suddenly brought up something “Do you….remember?” this question got Aether wondering “Remember what?” The raven haired boy blushes and gets a bit flustered "Do you remember when Lumine asked us if we were dating?" There was a pause, just a minute of silence before Aether continued, "Yeah, I remember. Why'd you ask?" "I, I just wanted to?" Xiao said, rubbing the back of his neck. "I- ahem. Aether, we've known each other since high school, and I just wanted to say that, the moment I setted my eyes on you, I knew that I've fallen..." Xiao started, "You fell? Did you fall on the floor or something..? Were you hurt?!" Aether asked worriedly, "No- not that fallen.. fallen as in...I fell in love. With you." Xiao finally said it. 'I did it. I finally confessed!' Xiao thought in his head.
"You like….me?"
"Yes, in fact, I love you. Not just like, love."
Then a tear fell from Aether's eyes, at first Xiao worried that he was gonna be rejected and made Aether feel guilty but when he saw Aether was smiling, so brightly, He smiled along. "I love you too Xiao! Oh you don't know how I long I've waited for you to say those words!" Aether shouted as he jumped into Xiao's arms. Xiao took some initiative and pulled them into a loving kiss. They held each other tightly, holding on as if the other would disappear if they were to let go.

_______________________

TY FOR DOING THE CONFESSION KYLE ILYSM NO HOMO <333 - artboba