Chapter 7: Festival date

Third person POV:

Walking side by side, hands intertwined, the couple reached the Lantern rite.

"Thanks for inviting me here Xiao Xiao!" Aether said in awe of how the festival was decorated "It's the least I can do" The raven haired male explained, he was thankful for all the comfort that Aether gave him, even if he's not trying to, he never fails to cheer up Xiao. "Since we skipped lunch, do you wanna get some food?" Aether skipped around the path as the other was a few steps behind him "Yeah sure" the blonde smiled as he held onto Xiao's hand once more "Let's go then!" And started sprinting down the path.

As they finally reached a food stall, Aether spotted a specific item on the menu "Xiao Xiao, look they have almond tofu" he gestured his hand towards the menu "I'll get that then" he walked forward and asked "What about you?" Aether just shaked his head "No no, don't worry about meee. I'll just get something later" he explained, but of course Xiao isn't allowing him to just skip meals. Aether glances over at Xiao and sees him holding a big plate of almond tofu, almost like it's for sharing "Oh? This is pretty good for 2000 mora-" before he could finish his sentence, his lover shoved almond tofu into his mouth "Don't expect me to let you skip meals. We're sharing this and that's final." Aether, red as a tomato, chuckles a bit "okay then, same goes for you" he takes a spoon from the plate and puts it into Xiao's mouth "hehe, now we're even~" the two continued to eat their almond tofu in bliss of what just happened.

As they bought lanterns, Aether stood there, confused on which one to pick. "Xiao Xiao, which one do I pick?" He ended up asking his boyfriend to pick for him in defeat "It's your choice, choose whichever one you like most" Aether pouts until a particular lantern catches his eye "I'll choose this one!" He admires the lantern for a few seconds before he looks over to his lover "Xiao Xiao! Look, this one design is really pretty" the latter turns his head, making their eyes meet "hm, I'd say you're prettier". That last part came in a whisper, but Aether could hear it well. "Huh- I uhh.." he was left speechless, Xiao didn't seem like the type to flirt? Was he? Nonetheless, both males were flustered, Xiao didn't even realize that he blurted that out before Aether's distinctive reaction. "WOW LOOK AT THE TIME- LET'S GO TO THAT ROOF AND LIGHT THE LANTERNS NOW XIAO XIAO!" He desperately changed the subject, running holding Xiao's hand behind him to hide his red face.

Lanterns now illuminating the sky, sitting together at a secluded rooftop, hands intertwined, a warm atmosphere filled the air. "It's a beautiful sight, don't you thin-" his sentence gets abruptly cut off by Aether connecting their lips, pulling Xiao into a kiss. "Think of it as a thank you for today~" he chuckles a bit seeing how flustered the latter was, but Xiao pulls in for another kiss, surprising Aether. The blonde gasps a bit, giving his lover an opportunity to slip his tongue in, deepening the kiss. It felt warm, some pleasant feelings that neither of them could explain. 'HOW INTIMATE' was a thought that popped up in Aether's mind, if it wasn't obvious enough, they haven't done this kind of thing before. Both of them stayed in each others warm embrace, kissing each other passionately, never wanting to let go,

A memorable Lantern rite for sure.

Since boba forgot to update, I shall do it in her place