Chapter 5: Let's try modeling!

Third person POV:

Aether walks into Xiao's room, to see him getting ready for a photoshoot. He just stands there, admiring his boyfriend for a few seconds, when he randomly blurts out “hehe you’re really handsome” after realizing what he just said, Aether covered his face with both his hands in a faltering attempt at hiding his embarrassment. Xiao who didn't even notice Aether just nodded and continued on with his clothes, fixing collars and buttons. "Xiao, it's almost…. time? Why hello dear, whom do I have the pleasure to?" A girl with round glasses and a black ponytail holding a clipboard that seems to be filled up with schedules, asked Aether. ' This must be Xiao's manager.' Aether thought but before he could speak, Xiao interrupted and said "He's my boyfriend, and tell the photographer that I'll be out in two minutes if you don't mind Natalie." Natalie kept silent, staring at Aether with full concentration. "Uhm, can I help you?" Aether smiled awkwardly as he glanced at Xiao for some kind of answer, "Aether was it? How would you like to try out modelling, I have an appointment just next week for Xiao about a new clothing line for a famous designer." Natalie said, while checking her schedule. "Me? Modeling? I don't think I'm up for it…" Aether said, looking down nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. " You have until next week love, take your time thinking. Just try to give me an answer by Friday, the shoots on Sunday so you know." Natalie said, before turning to Xiao and telling him to get out of the changing room.

Natalie
___________________

—–—————
Aether said he'll do the
shoot.

——————
I'll inform the company.

Sunday

"Aether, let's get going" Xiao said, grabbing Aether by the hand, walking towards the car. The car ride was silent, yet filled with a sense of peace, warmth, as their hands stayed intertwined….only for the atmosphere getting abruptly cut by Natalie "We're here, go to the dressing room, after changing, makeup and hair stylists will come in"

The blonde was nervous, he never did this kind of thing before. Xiao obviously saw the discomfort of the other and squeezed his hand as an encouragement before being dragged away by multiple stylists and interviewers.

“Over here!” Natalie said, signaling the couple to walk to a beautifully decorated nature themed set, in Aether’s eyes, it was one of the prettiest places he ever stepped into, but this was all just an ordinary set for Xiao.

"Alright then, shall we begin? If you may Mr. Viator, step a little closer to that flower and Xiao, I'm sure you know what to do." An ash blonde photographer said with a wink, "Sure albedo." Xiao nodded to Aether as a sign of confirmation, before settling down on a rock and posing for the camera as Aether cluelessly walked to the flower Albedo had pointed and admired how realistic it looked despite being made of glass. They took a few photos, Aether doing particularly well for a first-timer, until they reached a more…. interesting pose to say the least. "Ok so Xiao, I need you to hold onto Mr. Viator's waist, Mr. Viator please put both of your hands on Xiao's face" Aether started to realize 'WAIT WTF ISN'T THIS A KISS? I KNOW COUPLE SHOOTS ARE LIKE THIS BUT-" There was a whirlwind of thoughts swirling in the blonde's mind at one point 'SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT-' was all he thought before he got snapped out of his trance. The flower that Aether was standing on pushed him a bit to the side, making the blonde lock lips with Xiao. He could've sworn he saw Albedo smirking at the corner of his eye, before hearing the ash blonde shout "I got it! Good take". The couple was obviously red as Albedo started to tease them "My, what an interesting way to present the pose, quite innovative I must say." He says with an obvious smirk on his face "Xiao must've enjoyed that the most, no?" The raven just mouthed ‘I will fucking kill you’ making his friend retreat in response “I’m off now, Kaeya’s waiting for me” the ash blonde says in an awkward smile, slowly running from his possible spiritual death.

The couple waddled back to the house, due to being exhausted, they both ended up collapsing on Xiao's bed.

The raven haired boy woke up to see his lover sleeping peacefully on his chest. For a few moments he felt warm, at peace, safe, Aether was the only person that could trigger such emotions in Xiao. All of his thoughts were cut short by a sudden sound ‘CLICK’ he started looking around for the source of the noise and found Lumine at the doorstep, phone in hand, taking a picture of the two in bed. “Oh my, I hope you were gentle~” She teased, making Xiao’s eyes widen “Lumine if you leak that goddamn photo I’ll make sure that you’ll never see the light of day” the raven threatened, the girl smirked “Alright, bet” as she walked out of the room, she posted the picture to the class group chat. “Shit shit shit I’m dead, Aether wake up" he gently shook his boyfriend to wake him up "Mmph, what is it Xiao Xiao" the blonde mumbled, still half-asleep. ""Uhmm…. you'll find out later" Aether looks around the room for a bit and says "Why were we sleeping in the same beddd" "I don't know either" he clings onto Xiao before blurting out "Uh- do you think we did….it?" The raven haired male just sat there, speechless for a few seconds before saying "Uhm..There is a possibility? Let's just check the security footage" the two walked downstairs hand in hand, red as Diluc's hair, until they finally reached the security room. Xiao anxiously opens the door and rewinds the footage for them to realize they didn't do it, they just passed out due to exhaustion. Both of them were hit with a wave of relief, yet somehow a bit disappointed, none of them could explain what the weird feeling was.

Once the couple stepped into school, they felt a strange aura around them, like something had happened. Even Xiao was confused because as far as he knew, Lumine only leaked the photo to their class group chat, right? Wrong. Apparently some student had spread the rumor that Xiao and Aether did it, and as Xiao knows very well as a model affiliated with social media, rumors spread like a wildfire.

"Hello comrades!" They see a certain ginger approach them. 'Why the fuck are you here? Don't you have anything better to do?' Is what Xiao wanted to say, but his father was at the desk not far from them grading papers and he couldn't just say all of that to his dad's boyfriend in front of him. "What brings you here?" was all that the raven haired boy could say in the end.

"I'm here to bring your dad chocolates, thank you very much" Xiao just rolls his eyes "Tch, fine" he already knew what was gonna happen, ohhh he was in for quite the ride. "Butttt" there it was, the start of it all "I heard that you and Aether fucked" "We didn't" he stated bluntly "Are you suree? Can we have proof?" Unbeknownst to Aether, Xiao was well prepared for this situation and had the security footage saved on his phone. On the other side of all this chaos, Aether was just confused, holding onto his boyfriend's hand tightly. "There I sent you the security footage, now stop insisting that we did something so inappropriate" the blonde was probably the only person stunned by Xiao at that moment 'why does he have to look so fucking cool?' was the only thing on Aether's mind at that moment.

Oh, he had already fallen so deeply in love.

_______________________

HAHA I TOLD YOU BITCHES THIS WOULD BE A LONGER CHAPTER :DD - artboba

Nom nom nom chomp chomp chomp Yankees - Krazylee