Chapter 8: Is it alright to be this jealous?

Aether POV:

"Mr. Xiao, your next few photoshoots will be collaborations with a model named Kaedehara Kazuha. The collaboration is starting from tomorrow till 3 weeks later. Here's his contact info." I look over at Xiao, fuck he's so handsome "Alright Natalie, I'll try to get along with him I guess" some weird feeling ignited in me, maybe its just the weather? Ehh, I'll put it aside for now.

Day by day, Xiao and this Kazuha guy hung out together more and more. Because of their work, they are together for most of the day. Once Xiao arrives home, he either falls asleep immediately or works on his laptop. I started feeling lonely, Xiao almost never spent time with me. The weird feeling in me grew more and more to the point where I randomly started crying myself to sleep. At this point it was obvious what this feeling was,

Jealousy.

Even if it's just Xiao's work, aren't they spending too much time together? Was Xiao starting to get bored of me? I always had a crippling fear of that happening. Why wouldn't he tell me? Aren't we supposed to be in an honest relationship- "sniff  wh..why" fuck, am I crying? I shouldn't be disturbed, I know that Xiao would never- just as I wiped my tears, new ones quickly rolled down my cheek until I couldn't control it "Xiao Xiao..sniff..I miss you..so much" and just like that, I passed out, this is the fifth time I cried myself to sleep ever since the collaboration started two weeks ago.

Is it alright to be this jealous?

I walk slowly back home from a small run. I see a familiar face, Xiao Xiao! And some guy with white hair with a red highlight..Kazuha.

"Words sharp as knives yet never meaning any that has been said, eyes that hide a sad story. The longing of someone to share a heartache, the sorrow from being alone despite the sea of people. I stand here, beside you. No matter how far you push or knives you throw. I will continue to stand alongside yours truly."

"It's nice"

Did I just hear what I think I heard? A..love poem, and Xiao saying it's nice? Something starts forming at the corner of my eyes. No, no I have to keep it in for now, I can't let them see me. I run back home as if my life depended on it, tears forming slightly as they get blown away by the wind. I locked myself in my room, crying loudly "W-why..sniff..I loved him so much and..I thought he loved me back..so why.." I cried rivers, for what seemed like an eternity until I saw a certain figure at my door. "Aether?..AETHER ARE YOU ALRIGHT??" Xiao rushes over to me, hugging me immediately, I'm supposed to be sad, yet I felt a small sense of happiness when he hugged me? And for some reason I'm still crying..These feelings are confusing "Aether, tell me what happened" I gulped, before explaining "Well..you and Kazuha started to be together almost all the time, we never sniff spent time together, and I felt like you abandoned me sniff and then I..heard Kazuha recite a love poem to you and you said that it was nice so I thought-" I get caught off by Xiao kissing me, why? I feel so confused about my feelings but this feels pleasant. "That was a poem for Kazuha's lover, Scaramouche" I feel.. dumbfounded? But nevertheless, I'm relieved. Before I could even utter a word, Xiao continued "And as for why I've been spending so much time with him outside of work..ahem" huh? He's grabbing a piece of paper?

"Skies as clear as your voice, no other sun could compare to your smile, bright and shining. I long for your love and undivided attention, but alas, All good things have an ending to them. May we have a better future if ever reincarnated."
(Im trying not to laugh in class because of this-Kl)

I just sat there in shock..crying? I'm really happy right now, so why am I crying? I jump into his warm embrace "sniff I love you so much Xiao Xiao" “I love you too Aether” it feels so nice.

Third person POV:

Two weeks after that whole shenanigans

"You stupid Ginger haired bastard, I'm gonna beat your ass!" "Can you even reach above my kneecaps?! Grow some height then we'll talk!" "You son of a bitch!"