🍉 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 🍉

65,000,000 BC

Bundles of gentle clouds slowly drifted across the bright blue sky, streaks of golden sunlight shimmering through to illuminate the prehistoric period taking place below.

Thick auburn soil coated the grounds, cerise and mauve leaves from jungles of plants tickling the earth as the winds howled between the branches.

Rocks and stones balanced between the trees rumbled from the monstrous footsteps of towering dinosaurs, colours of scales and skin varying from scarlet to violet to emerald green.

The crust of the earth would rattle every few minutes as the many volcanoes erupted across the land, blazing lava spitting into the sky now smoked with ashes.

A cave was nestled within the depths of the wilderness, crimson and khaki leaves keeping the home of our main characters safe from the hazards outside.

(Y/n) kept her paws wrapped around her knees, the knees that snuggled into her chest to keep her warm as the sun painted the sky with a shade of saffron to welcome another cold night.

A small flame flickered by her (f/c) toes, the delicate beans of her paws nestled in the freezing sand dusting the ground below. Crackling echoed in the darkness of the hut structured by stones against the twigs and branches she could collect, saddlebrown aura sparkling in her (e/c) eyes as she watched its gentle movements anxiously.

Kala, her sister, was by her side. Her toes dug into the dirt as she sat in the same position as her feline relative, although her hands rubbed together against her tiger patterned gloves to obtain warmth.

As Kala held her blue paws towards the flame, Harry, their turquoise chameleon companion, was on the same mission to obtain the heat of the fire as his scale coated back slouched against the small hole to create a cave leading into the darkening outside world.

(Y/n)'s ears twitched moments later, her (e/c) eyes jumping from her gently wriggling toes to the movement that appeared to now be occurring outside.

A smile crept across her face, a claw pulling the strands of (h/c) hair away from her face as the sounds grew louder.

An enormous foot came into view from the outside of the prehistoric world, flattening the small amount of grass that attempted to cover the area of ground that it landed upon with a thud.

Crimson scales blocked the sunlight that quickly disappeared behind the clouds that continued to increase in bundles, eventually blocking the entire evening sky from view.

Moments later, a rather short and rather chubby green bear slid down the cerise leg of the dinosaur that remained outside the entrance of the cave. He plopped his chubby little feet into the ground, his chubby little body wobbling up and down as he did so.

(Y/n)'s smile grew as one of her closest friends, Gummi, wandered into their rather concealed habitat after his long journey across their homely environment to gather some food for the night.

She felt heat rising to her cheeks as Gummi approached, her (e/c) eyes dropping back down to admire the flame the continued to crackle into the slowly reducing wood by her feet.

You see, for quite some time now you could say (Y/n) had begun to develop some what you would call feelings towards Gummi...

They confused her. So much that she would stumble over her thoughts every time it crossed her mind, and she would stumble over words every time she attempted to tell him.

She knew she had to soon, however...

Her claws slid down the already torn material creating her little (d/c) dress, just enough clothing to insulate her body as it was the one of the only pieces of animal skin the group could find.