🌋 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 🌋

Humid wind whistled between the trees that surrounded a cave some familiar characters called home as the sound of bubbling lava from within the neighbouring volcano vibrated the ground. Leaves that coated the soil like an auburn carpet crunched delicately as (f/c) paws pattered across them.

(Y/n)'s heart sank to wherever was the furthest it could drop, seeing Gummi isolated within the darkness of the cave with the most heartbroken expression she never thought possible across his adorable face.

It had been a few days since the destruction of New York, and she could admit that her crush hadn't been taking it very well. He missed the attention. He missed the fame. But he felt it was all his fault the city became a pile of dust in the first place.

She sighed, claws tracing shapes against the rock creating the homely room as the same sensation that seemed to occur whenever Gummi was nearby returned once again.

I have to say something.

I can't keep this quiet any longer.

She took a few trembling steps into the black abyss of the cave, only just being able to make out the shape of her saddened bear companion. Gummi was curled up in one of the multiple pastel blue and ivory coloured egg shells that lay in the corner of the cave, eyes staring down to whatever he was fiddling with in his hands.

(Y/n) slowly headed towards him, standing in the perfect place to alert him of her presence as her shadow casted her shape into the space ahead through the shimmering evening sunlight.

She sighed, heartbeat pounding in her chest. She entered the cave, sliding into the neighbouring dinosaur egg to Gummi without a word. Gummi slowly turned to her, a fake smile welcoming her inside.

"Everything okay?" (Y/n) kindly asked, noticing a small trinket Gummi had claimed from the adventures to the city being a badge reading I NYC.

"Yeah..." Gummi lied obviously.

He sighed. "I just liked having all the attention. I felt like we were finally doing something with our lives... I dunno, it sounds stupid."

(Y/n) sighed back, Gummi twiddling with the badge before sliding it away in the depths of the orange fluff of his underwear.

She threw herself back, head touching the rocky wall. "It doesn't, because I did too."

Gummi turned to her in surprise.

"It was definitely the most exciting and adrenaline rushing thing I've ever done." (Y/n) admitted.

"But... I have something more important to tell you..." She began, earning all ears from Gummi as his azure gaze locked with her own.

She could feel the heat rising like a burning flame once again, taking a deep breath before her quaking voice escaped her throat.

"Well, I wanna say your music and everything was amazing." (Y/n) simply admitted, a cheeky smile coming from Gummi.

"Thanks."

(Y/n) became a little distracted by his adorable smile, gulping to allow the words trapped in her throat to escape and tell Gummi what she was dying for him to hear.

"And, uh... I have something else I really need to tell you."

Silence. Just a confused yet intrigued expression.

(Y/n) took a final deep breath, keeping her gaze to her fiddling claws rather than the captivated expression that caused her cheeks to be dusted crimson.

"I like you."

She sighed with relief that she finally managed to say what her heart had wanted to hear herself say for so long.